Tuesday 10 December 2013

Seahorse Illusion

I've been experimenting with my Prismacolor pencils recently... getting a bit more adventurous in how I mix and blend colours. I did my experimenting on this gorgeous digi stamp by Ching Chou Kuik from Sweet Pea Stamps. It's called Seahorse Illusion:
 
 
I tried using contrasting instead of toning colours on some of the shading and I rather like the effect it gives:
 
 
I didn't want to overpower the lovely colours on the image with too much colour in the background so I kept my card fairly simple. I tried out my new Inktense blocks to make a soft colour wash on a panel of watercolour paper and layered a piece of cheesecloth over it.
 
 
I finished things off with a fragment of punchinella, some pretty flowers and some dots of .
 
 
You can find this image in digi and red rubber format in the Sweet Pea Stamps store.
 

1 comment:

Desire Fourie said...

Stunning colouring and design and the flowers complements the image perfectly.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...