Wednesday 28 August 2013

Whotcha Doin?

Well, the time has come for me to share my fourth and final Guest Designer project for Stampotique which is posted today at the Stampotique Designer's Blog. I've absolutely loved creating my four projects, having lots of inky, messy fun with lots of bright colours and, of course, the fabulously quirky Stampotique stamps. I'd like to thank Kim and the team at Stampotique for generously inviting me to join them as a Guest Designer.
 
The theme for this week's project is "3 Circles" and this immediately put me in mind of the fab 3 In A Round (6018) stamp, which is one of my favourites.
 
 
I had the idea of cutting out the centre of the image to form an aperture and then stamping the image again behind the aperture. I used a tentfold DL card and cut a panel of white cardstock to fit the front of the card and used Tim Holtz's Wrinkle-Free Distress Technique to colour the card, using Tumbled Glass, Picked Raspberry and Spiced Marmalade Inks. I added some detail by sponging Distress Ink through a stencil and stamping some bits of random text and I then stamped the 3 In A Round image three times onto the inked panel.
 

I cut out the centres of the stamped images and then stamped the full image onto the card front behind the third aperture and stamped just sections of the centre image behind the other two apertures, so it looks like the figures are peeping around the edges before popping up in the final aperture. My Stampin' Up! Stamp-a-ma-jig was invaluable in getting the stamps on the card to line up with the stamps on the inked panel.
 
 
I attached the inked panel onto the card using foam tape and added my sentiment, stamped onto plain white card and cut out - the Wotcha Doin (8970) stamp was just the perfect sentiment for these curious little guys peering out at the world. :) 
 
 
I hope you've enjoyed seeing my Guest Designer projects as much as I've enjoyed creating them.

  

9 comments:

Sue said...

This is fab Ali, I love your background xx

Kay Wallace said...

Creative use of "3 in a Round," Ali! Just love those heads!!

roc said...

this is so cute! great job.

Karin said...

Fabulous card, love the colors!
Groetjes karin

Lozzy said...

What a great card Ali, love it, my kind of card. Think I need to get some Tim Holtz inks and have a play now, love the colour..Hugs Lozzy xx

Reflective Art Studio said...

Love it.... Love it ...... and love it some more.
xx
sarinda

Kaz said...

This is gorgeous Ali, I love your background. It's been great having you as guest DT this month x

Maria Sabina R. said...

Gorgeous background!

Anonymous said...

This is absolutely perfect!!! Love the fabulous colours and the way you use the stamp!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...