Wednesday 6 June 2012

Red, White and Blue...

..that's the theme this week at the Passion for Promarkers challenge blog.

And here's my entry:


As I mentioned in my WOYWW post, I recently followed a link to Dilly Bean's blog and her gorgeous digi stamps and fell utterly in love with them and kind of had to buy a whole bunch of them! :lol: I was eager to play with my new goodies so I used this image - Heart Fairy Framed - for my card.

She's coloured in with Promarkers, of course, and a touch of white gel pen here and there for highlights. I kept the card pretty simple as the image is so striking I felt it needed a bold, simple card design. The papers and baker's twine are freebies that came with a craft mag (can't remember which one!) recently. I inked the edges of the papers in black and doodled a border around the card to match the one around the image. To finish I hand-wrote the greeting as that seemed to fit with the doodled/hand-drawn effect borders.

Et voila!

I'm also entering this card into the "use a digi" challenge at One Stitch at a Time. :)

I printed out a whole bunch of Dilly Bean images (might as well use up a whole sheet of card rather than print one image at a time and cut the card up) so expect to see more of them on my cards in the near future! :)

5 comments:

Sue Jones said...

oooppps! :) They ARE Gorgeous stamps though aren't they . I need some more soon- i Do have this one and have coloured her in just not got round to making a card yet.
Yours is stunning :) Good Luck with the Challenge hun xx

Claire said...

That is gorgeous Ali, love the image.
C xx

lis-m said...

stunning card.. love that image, and your layout is just perfect...
thanks for joining us this week over at Passion for Promarkers this week.. hugs xx

Andie's Space said...

Hi Ali,
This looks gorgeous. What a fab image & wonderful card design. Thanks for joining us at Passion For Promarkers this week.
Hugs,
Andie xx

MiniOwner said...

Ali that card is amazing!
Sue x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...