Tuesday 11 February 2014

A Rose By Any Other Name...

This week is Variations Week at Sweet Pea Stamps, where all the Design Team create projects using the same stamp. I always love Variations Week as it's so amazing to see how people can take the same image and create such amazingly different projects using it. :)
 
The image we're using this week is a new stamp from Concetta Kilmer called Rose:
 
 
I went for a soft pastels colour scheme for my card and decided to colour the image using my Prismacolor pencils, for a nice soft effect:
 
 
I die-cut the image out using a decorative oval die and decorated my card with pretty floral papers. I layered on a doily and a punched border strip before attaching my image using foam tape.
 
 
To finish things off I added detail around the edges of the image and in the corners of the card using a pink Perlen Pen.
 
 
This gorgeous stamp is available in red rubber or digi format from the Sweet Pea Stamps store. And don't forget to check the Sweet Pea Stamps blog each day this week for more great projects designed using this stamp.
 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...