Wednesday 31 July 2013

WOYWW 217

Another fleeting, late night (well, early morning really) WOYWW post from me this week.
 
My word, the summer holidays are busy! We've spent all day today out having a playdate at a friend's house. Tomorrow we're meeting friends in the morning and going off to a soft play in the afternoon. Friday we're invited to lunch at another friend's house... how is it that my kids have a better social life than I do?!! ;)
 
I've also made plans for the kids and I to have a short break next week at my mum's in North Wales - summer holidays at grandma's house at the seaside! Yay! - and we've also booked a family week away in Scotland at the end of August. All of which means I've got to crack on and try and get ahead on my DT commitments!
 
So that's what I've been working on tonight:
 
 
I've finished up one in-progress card and made another card from scratch. Of course, I can't show you them yet but you can see on my desk that I've been painting with Distress Inks. :)
 
I'm also struggling a bit to concentrate fully on my crafting this week cos I'm in full-blown geeky fangirl overdrive atm since a very lovely friend has offered to babysit this weekend (having a babysitter is a very rare occurrence for hubby and I as we have no family nearby) so that hubby and I can go to the cinema together... to go and see The Wolverine! :)
 
I am *such* a Wolverine fangirl and the new movie looks absolutely freaking awesome and I just cannot *wait*. Seriously, I am counting down the days till Saturday.
 
So that's me and my desk for this week. Thanks for stopping by and hope you have a fab Wednesday.
 
P.S. Please do not be surprised if my WOYWW next week consists mostly of fangirly blethering about The Wolverine! :lol:

18 comments:

Nikki said...

Wow are you a busy girl look at all that stash :)Have fun at the movie too he's a hottie to look at hugs Nikki I'm posted Here

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Love that you admit you are a fangirl of Wolverine. I've never seen any of those movies, but I haven't been to a movie theater this century (and that's the honest truth!). I hope you enjoy the movie. I'm sure you will and are counting the days.

Unknown said...

I love that you are a Wolverine fan, so I'm I. I'm a Marvel superhero fan. Me and hubby saw the movie last Friday, LOVED IT.

ddazzled71 said...

I am off to see the Wolverine this weekend with Hubby and our foster son, all reports I have heard so far is that its great! It sounds like you have some wonderful quality family time to look forward to in the coming weeks. Happy WOYWW! Danie

ddazzled71 said...

I am off to see the Wolverine this weekend with Hubby and our foster son, all reports I have heard so far is that its great! It sounds like you have some wonderful quality family time to look forward to in the coming weeks. Happy WOYWW! Danie

Krisha said...

Can't wait to see the new Wolverine movie, I've seen them all over and over.
Sounds like your enjoying your family. Just think if 1/2 of us all lived as close as your kids' friends how busy YOU would be..LOL
Happy WOYWW

Unknown said...

How do you paint with Distress Ink pads? You sound like you have a very full card. You have some fun vacations planned. I sooo wanna see the Wolverine. I almost posted a very HOT HOT picture of Hugh Jackman on the cover of some magazine as the Wolverine on my WOYWW post this week. But I just had too many other pics. Well I hope you have a great week. (((HUGS)))
Kimmie
http://happyhomeschoolroom.blogspot.com/2013/07/woyww-217.html

Helen said...

Well your desk proves that you can craft in two inches of free space... enjoy the rest of the summer holidays!! Helen, not linked yet.

Julie Lee said...

How well I remember that feeling that the kids had a better social life than me! Glad to hear you're about to have some fun, though, enjoy the movie! Those little flowers on your desk look nice and it sure looks a busy place. If you have a chance to drop by and Mr Linky has still gone awol I'm at http://magpieheaven.blogspot.com/2013/07/woyww-top-secret.html Julie Ann xx

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you've been very busy and I love all the activity on your desk! Enjoy Wolverine :)

Dawn
http://confessionsofaninkoholic.wordpress.com/2013/07/30/whats-on-your-workdesk-wednesday-woyww217/

Julia Dunnit said...

Aha, if I lived nearby, I'd babysit for you. It should be the law that every girl gets to see HJ as wolverine if she wants too. DD went yesterday...I'm still working up to my visit!! You need a couple quiet days at home gal. yeah right!

Anne said...

WOW you are a busy bee. Love the desk. Enjoy the film. Anne x #24

Silvia said...

Ah what a beautiful mess :) Im loving your Desk
Happy WOYWW
#71.Silvi's Place

House of Bears said...

We were thinking what fun a playdate sounded, imagining crafty get togethers, then we realised you meant for the children.

Waving hi from the bears @#78

Unknown said...

I doubt many will object to a full post on Wolverine, I wouldnt have a clue expect he was on Top Gear recently so now I know.

great fun desk.

Lynda #59

Mrs A. said...

Hi Your desk looks a lot like mine does at the moment. can't find a thing on it! Have fun on your trip next week. hugs Mrs a.

Gráinne said...

It looks absolutely great in my opinion :-) And I do know very well what you're talking about with no family nearby and very rare opportunities to go out ... Enjoy it all the more! Wolverine is a 'slice of cream cake' as we say here, roughly translated, and a great character ;o) Suzanne
#60

Robin said...

Sounds like you are enjoying the Summer Holidays along with your kids busy social life, lol. And a free night with the hubby seeing a really cool movie, how fun! Enjoy the rest of the week and the movie! Rasz #142

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...