Thursday 10 February 2011

Masculine Valentine's Card

My mum asked me yesterday to make a Valentine's card for her partner.

I asked her what kind of thing she wanted and she said "Football!" (her partner is a big football fan) and then laughed and said, "But you want have anything like that, will you?"

At that moment, inspiration struck and I reached into my drawer of clear stamps.... a few months ago I bought a collection of 6 or so Kanban stamp sets... and one of them was football themed!! Never really thought I'd have much use for those ones - funny how things turn out! :lol: Mum loved the look of the football stamps so I set to making this card:


Mum's partner is a big fan of Burnley, so naturally the footballer's kit had to be coloured in claret and blue... I even went online to find out exactly what pattern the colours are arranged in on the shirt and socks so I could colour it in accurately!

I stamped the footballer twice onto shimmer card and matted one image onto red Bazzill cardstock and outlined the image with a pale blue ProMarker. The second image I coloured in with the ProMarkers, cut out and attached over the base image using foam pads. The patterned paper is Basic Grey Boxer - nice masculine colours - and I stamped the football stamp repeatedly onto the top half of the base card to make a pattern. Mum wrote a poem to go in the card and I printed on vellum to form an insert.

How's that for a really individual, personalised Valentine's card? It's not often I get to do masculine cards so it was an interesting experience and Mum loved the results. :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...