Friday 16 November 2012

Contemporary Christmas

In all the flurry of Christmas crafting, a gal can start to get a bit fed up of the old traditional Christmas colours of red, green and gold.
 
So how about something a bit different?
 
How about a Christmas card in fresh, contemporary colours... white, and purple and turquoise?
 
That's what I decided to make for my latest project for the Creative Craft World Christmas Countdown:
 
 
I love love love the freshness of these colours and purple and turquoise go together so well. I kept this card simple and bold with a white embossed background...
 
 
...a simple die-cut topper of white card and purople patterned paper, with a turquoise stamped sentiment layered over the top, and delicate mini blossoms with gem centres:
 
 
Hope your like my "contemporary" Christmas card. Don't forget to stop by the Creative Craft World blog again tomorrow for another Christmas Countdown project.
 

4 comments:

MiniOwner said...

Oh Ali that's gorgeous! I'm starting my mum off with card making on Tuesday and this is a perfect card for her to have a go at - thank you. :o)
Sue x

susibee said...

I love your colour scheme, perfect for something a bit different.

Lou said...

That's gorgeous Ali and love the non traditional colours you have used :)

Lou x

Tracy said...

Gorgeous card Ali,love those colours together...breath of fresh air!
Hugs
xoxox

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...