Wednesday 8 February 2012

WOYWW - 8 February 2012

Brace yourselves, people. Are you sitting down? Good. Cos here's my crafting desk this morning:


Yup, it's real. You're not hallucinating. My desk is empty. Empty! "How can this be?!" I hear you exclaim.

Well, I have been crafting but here's the thing... I've also been tidying up after myself! Whoah! Careful there! I know it's a shock. I did warn you to sit down. Just breathe... that's it... take a moment. Better? Okay. :)

Yes, indeedy, this is the new, improved, turned-over-a-new-leaf, "trying to be tidy" Alipeeps. No more letting the crafting debris build up on the desk until only a teeny island of workable desk space remains. No more "push back" tidying. When I finish a project, I tidy away all the tools and bits I've used and throw away the scraps or put them in my colour-sorted scraps bags. What's that? No, I haven't been replaced by a pod person, but thanks for asking. :D

Who knows how long this tidy kick will last (cos let's face it, being tidy and organised just does NOT come naturally to me!) but for the moment, I'm actually enjoying being tidy and having my craft room look nice and be a workable space. And seeing as I finished up a couple of projects last night and tidied away the bits, leaving only an empty desk (with just two stamps waiting to be put back in their boxes/files) to share with you this morning, let me also share with you just how lovely my windowsill looks now that the blind has been put up and all the debris (much of which was left over from this room being an initial "boxes/random items dumping ground" when we moved in 2 years ago) cleared away:


It's now my little gallery of recent makes (and a couple of older makes that I haven't found a permanent home for yet):





It's so nice to be able to display my work for a bit once it's done and enjoy looking at it for a bit instead of straight away putting it in an album or file or box. :)

And just to make up for the emptiness of my workdesk, I will also show you one little item that is floating around the peripheral areas of the desk, awaiting completion. This is a rather fabulous - and sulty! - digi stamp from Stitchy Bear stamps that I've coloured in with my ProMarkers. I'm considering using it for DH's Valentine's card... ;)


And that's it for me this week. Thanks for stopping by my desk on your travels around the WOYWW blogs this week.

18 comments:

Neil said...

Hi there, Can't believe it's Wednesday again already! Thanks for letting me in to peek and I hope the rest of the week is a blessed and creative one for you!
Neil #45 (ish)

Anonymous said...

I love your new tidy desk! It's so much easier to craft when things are organised lol.

Karen said...

I love your tidy desk and adore all your crafty pieces on show on your window ledge :)

Have a great WOYWW and a fab week, Karen #90

Inkypinkycraft said...

A superr tidy desk!!!some lovely pieces on display hugs trace x no44

Jacqui Chimes said...

I love how you've displayed your work

Helen said...

Lovely and tidy - but can we have the real Ali back please - we'll miss her! xx

Helen said...

How lovely to have somewhere to display your wonderful makes - perhaps there is something to this being tidy lark after all.

May said...

Such a tidy desk, love your lovely creations, joined you as a follower so as to visit again, Have a great week, Hugs May x x x

Sue said...

Hi Ali
wow now that is spik & span, gorgeous makes on show, luv the saucy lady fab colour work,thank for the mooch, happy WOYWW, sue,x (56)

Julia Dunnit said...

Whoa Ali, how amazing are you! It doesn't matter if it lasts or not, just enjoy the moment and REVEL in.it! Love your gallery area, a really nice way to showcase yourself!!

scrappymo! said...

Wow, your room looks like a magazine. You must just love it!

I seem to go thru stages where I stay tidy and then suddenly I seem to throw caution to the wind and then I'm a mess again.

I need to take a tip from you!

Angie said...

How busy and organized are you ....love your work on the shelf ...some gorgeous creations. My problem is ...when I get the urge to tidy ...which is rare ...I also have a great urge to be creative ...result is that usually nothing gets done as I worry about which I should be doing ....daft isn't it.

505whimsygirl said...

Oh, you. This is one clean desk! Good for you. I love all your finished projects that you shared. Very fun!!

Happy WOYWW
Kay
#129

CLaire said...

Hello... nice tidy desk. and love the display sill... nice idea and makes the room so much brighter... the image is lovely..and am sure hubby would love it
Claire #65

Lunch Lady Jan said...

What a good idea to have a gallery area! How often do we make stuff, then it gets put away/sent/bought. WE never get a chance to admire our creations...and we're allowed to!!
Hugs, LLJ #56 xx

CraftygasheadZo said...

I love being tidy, so good on you! Love the window sill. Thanks for sharing & enjoy this weeks WOYWW, I've been nosing around all the fab desks as I try to visit everyone! Zo x 83

Sarah said...

This week I'm overwhelmed by knitters and tidy people - I want to do both - looking good and it will be a joy to craft in ! Thanks for letting us look in and peek at your desk... Sarah at 7

Bridget Larsen said...

Its good to have a clean desk every now and then, trouble is I never want to dirty it again after that hahhaaha
Bridget #51

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...