Monday, 18 April 2011

Whole Lotta LOs!!

I've made a bunch of scrapbook pages in recent weeks that I wasn't able to share online, for various reasons. But now I can! :D

The first LO was done as part of a Chinese Whispers challenge on UKS. I was first in my group so I got sent a sketch to use as a basis for my LO and I then send a picture of my LO to the next person for them to use as a basis for their page and so on and so on. I made my page weeks ago but we weren't allowed to upload the pages anywhere until the entire whisper was finished. It was really interesting to see the completed whisper and how the pages had gradually changed along the way and moved away from the original sketch.

This was my LO:


I used some yummy new BoBunny papers and matching die-cut stickers that I had recently bought. You can see the rest of the whisper, including the original sketch, here.

The other LOs which I'd made, but couldn't share at first, were audition LOs for the Scrap Factor contest at UKS. We were allowed to upload them anywhere else online until the auditions had closed and the contestants chosen. I didn't get through but it was fun entering and I made some LOs that I am really pleased with. :)

The first of my LOs was for the "no photos LO" requirement:




This one was fiddly in the extreme... I stamped and embossed the yummy flourish (a Tim Holtz stamp) and wanted to stamp the text behind it... which meant stamping and cutting out a mask for the flourish! Which took ages! Worth it though for the scrummy effect that resulted. :) I inked around the edges of the page with Tea Dye Distress Ink and stamped over it with another TH flourish stamp. I added a scrap of lace ribbon and made the rosette flowers myself by edging strips of card with zigzag scissors and then pleating the strips and gluing the ends together. I added a TH Idea-ology clock face and some buttons from my "never throw anything away" button and bead jar as the flower centres. I printed out the title in reverse onto cardstock and hand-cut it out before stamping over it with another TH stamp and attaching using foam pads. I added a butterfly made by stamping onto acetate with StazOn and glueing gilding flakes to the back and also stamped and cut out some tiny butterflies and added them here and there.

The next LO I made was for the "About me LO" requirement:





I had fun with this one. I played with my spray inks again and a TH flourish mask to make the yummy background and I experimented with watermark stamping onto calico for the piece of fabric stitched behind the photo. I made the large title letters using a mix of 3 different styles of chipboard letters and double-embossed them with Metal Magic, stamping into the top layer with Kaisercraft background stamps. I cut out the birdcage with my BigShot using the TH die and painted it with Inka Gold paint. The buttterfly was made using the peel-offs paper piecing technique and I added Prima paper flowers and one of the faux dichroic glass flowers that I made ages ago! The smaller journalling text was stamped onto spare inked background card using Making Memories magnetic stamp alphabet and the letters cut out and edged with gold pen.

The next LO was for the "double LO" requirement:






I knew immediately that I wanted to use this serious of photos of DD2 having a wriggle on the playmat and trying very seriously to grab hold of the dangling fairy toy! :lol: I used Basic Grey Sugared papers, pink and brown Bazzill textured card and Stampin' Up! Circle Circus stamps. I matted the photos onto pink card and arranged them across the pages and stamped the circle designs onto patterned paper, punched them out and attached them around the photos with foam pads. I also added some Prima flowerrs and a couple of die-cut stickers from the Sugared range. I die-cut the title using Spazghetti sizzlets alphabet and then added some swirls of narrow ribbon and a few Card Candy to finish.

The final LO that I did for the Scrap Factor audition was a general one (no specific requirements) and was inspired by necessity... my printer ran out of cyan ink the evening before the deadline for submitting the LOs, meaning I couldn't print any more photos out! Disaster!! So I had a rummage and found this photo of DD1 taken at the portrait session we had done back in November... this was a spare print that I'd had left over from printing photos off the CD before Christmas, intending to put one of them in a frame for DH as a present:



I was inspired by the simplicity of this photo and the white background and so decided to keep my LO simple and white too. I added a yummy diamante swirl under the photo and used glittery white alpha stickers by Making Memories for my title. I added more gems in opposite corners of the LO and, although it doesn't show up very well in the photos, I also used a flourish mask and some sparkly Versamark in the opposite corners for a bit of subtle sparkle.

I'm quite pleased with how these turned out. :)

3 comments:

Sue said...

Beautiful layouts all of them! My fav is the one
with no photos ..stunning,love the stamping, i also really like the bottom one.

Claireliz said...

They are stunning layouts Ali, really gorgeous.
C
xx

Emy said...

Lovely layouts - particularly like the rosettes :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...