Friday 28 September 2012

All the leaves are brown...

...and the sky is grey...
 
Well, it certainly has been recently! Thankfully, the worst of the weather seems to have moved on now and we even had sunshine for most of today! I'd almost forgotten what it looked like! :lol:
 
Appropriately enough, the theme of this week's challenge at the Dilly Beans Designers and Friday Challenges blog is autumn colours and I decided to play with my Distress Inks and make a pretty autumn-coloured tag:
 
 
 
I used Distress Inks and Perfect Pearls to make the background and coloured the image with my Promarkers, adding a few highlights with a white gel pen. I stamped the sentiment (a Stampotique stamp) and some foliage (a K&Co stamp) in black Archival ink and rubbed a little Inka Gold around the edges, finishing things off with some butterflies cut from gold textured card (cut with my Stampin' Up! Beautiful Wings Embosslit - I use this die sooo much! :lol:) and some lace and wooly fibres.
 
One thing I'll say about using Perfect Pearls... much as I love the effect they give, it doesn't half make it hard to photograph the results when using a daylight lamp! :lol: Might try and take some better photos in daylight tomorrow. In the meantime, here's an attempt at a better look at the sentiment and here's what the tag looks like without the daylight lamp... the autumn colours look really nice and warm in artificial light. :)


 
 

1 comment:

Sue Jones said...

Beautiful Ali - Love the colouring .
Thanks for joining us at Dilly Beans this week :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...