Saturday 1 September 2012

Congratulations Nor!

I'm pleased - and proud - to say that my neice Eleanor did really well in her GCSEs. :)
 
I made a card to send to congratulate her on all her hard work - and I can safely share it here now that she's received it. :)
 


 
I printed this gorgeous digi stamp from Crafts and Me ages ago and have been waiting for a reason to have a play with it. I coloured her with Promarkers, added a touch of Stickles on her wings, and inked the edges with Tea Dye Distress Ink. The papers were from a freebie pad and I inked the edges with more Distress Ink, used a fineliner pen to draw some faux stitching and used a piercing tool to add faux stitch-holes.
 
I added a scrap of old book paper, some layered flowers and a couple of beaded pins that I made myself.

I am entering this card into the following challenges:
Passion for Promarkers - Needles and Pins
Avadares - Make It Sparkle
Inspire Me Fridays - Anything Goes
The Poodles Parlour - Winged Things
QKR Stampede - Anything Goes



11 comments:

MiniOwner said...

Such a lovely card, Ali. Amnd well done to your niece.
Sue x

Teresa Arsenault said...

OMGosh, Ali, this is gorgeous. I love your distress inking and your coloring is incredible. Thanks for joining us at Avadares Challenge Blog.
Blessing hugs,
Teresa

Bernardine Cuttino said...

Fantastic coloring and the design is so sweet, simply gorgeous. Thanks for you visit and leaving the lovely comments. Hugs

~ Barb said...

Oh I really like all your distress inking too, goes so perfectly with your book page background paper. And your coloring on your image is just perfect. Thank-you for sharing with us at The Poodles Parlour!
{Hugs} Barb, DT

lis-m said...

so pretty , i love that image too!
thanks for joining us at Passion for Promarkers this week in my Needles & pins challenge. good luck!
hugs x

chris said...

Absolutely gorgeous card, well done to your neice

Inkypinkydelights said...

Oh Ali, I am sure your niece will love this! Thanks for stopping by my Blog today too with such a lovely much appreciated comment. Judy x

Jacki Daniels said...

Beautiful creation thanks for playing along with us at poodles
Jacki xx

Anne Fenton said...

Lovely card...thank you for joining us at Avadares challenges.

Anonymous said...

Lovely card with excellent coloring techniques. Thank you for playing with QKR Stampede.

Im just me - Marleen said...

A beautiful card. Thank you for entering the QKR Stampede Challenge xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...