Saturday 8 September 2012

Happy Birthday Marie-Ann

My niece turns 21 this month. Unfortunately we can't make it to the "do" as small children and evening events over 2 hours drive away are not a good combination. So we're heading down to the wilds of Lincolnshire this afternoon to say hello and drop off a card and gift.
 
And this is the card I've made for her:
 
 
This pretty image is an A Day for Daisies digi stamp and I coloured her with Promarkers and inked the edges with Distress Inks. I used an old book page (from The Iliad, if anyone's interested! :D) for the background and coloured it with Distress Inks and Perfect Pearls (it has a lovely shimmer in real life). I used Tim Holtz Idea-ology numbers, coloured with alcohol ink, and added a die cut flourish (from a Memory Box die) and some flowers and a stamped greeting to finish.
 
I think this came out really bright and pretty but without being too little girly. I hope. :)
 
I'm entering this card into a couple of challenges:

6 comments:

Sue Jones said...

So Beautiful! love that image and her hair is gorgeous!!

Claire said...

Gorgeous card Ali, I'm sure your niece will love it.
C xx

Anonymous said...

This is so lovely! Thanks for joining us over at Simon Says Stamp and Show this week! - Ashli :)

Broni said...

This is a beautiful card for a young woman!! I love that you used a page from the Iliad! Thanks for playing along in the A Day For Daisies challenge with us!

Unknown said...

Ali this is so beautiful well done hugs Elaine

Unknown said...

Ali this is so beautiful well done hugs Elaine

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...