Sunday 30 June 2013

Steampunk Jenny

For my Sweet Pea Stamps DT project this week I've made a bit of a steampunky/baroque card, with lots of rich gold embellishment, using Joanne Schempp's beautiful Jenny stamp (available as a digi stamp):


I coloured the image with my Promarkers...


...and the idea for this card pretty much came about from seeing a couple of cards on Pinterest where a shape had been punched/die-cut out of the card front with an image layered behind... and I thought, "Oooh why not try that with a Sweet Pea Stamps image?"


I used Nestabilities dies to cut an aperture into gold mirri card and a larger aperture into some lovely steampunky paper. I attached my image to the card front and then attached the layered mirri card and paper using foam tape to give the frame/aperture a bit of height from the image behind.


I added a cluster of flowers, ribbon and embellies (including an awesome brass-coloured steampunky heart shape)...


..and finished things off by dotting a border and some flourishes using a gold coloured Perlen Pen.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...