Thursday 11 August 2011

Sweet and Bright!

Oooh looky! I've found another fabby challenge blog! :D

I followed a couple of links today and stumbled across the Sweet Pea Stampers challenge blog. I luuuurve Sweet Pea stamps, and the Ching Chou Kuik designs in particular, so of course this was a challenge that immediately appealed to me!

The current challenge ends today so I had to dive in and have a go. The theme is Sweet and Bright and this is my entry:


The stamp is Ching Chou Kuik's Red Hearts and I had a bit of fun with this one... first of all I created a lovely bright coloured background using Dylusions spray inks. I then stamped the image over the background and used varigated green foiling to fill in the sun/moon/circle behind the figure. I then stamped the image a second time onto white card, coloured it in with ProMarkers and cut the figure out and attached it over the figure on the foiled background card. I covered the front of a card blank with some pretty paper from the DCWV Sweet Stack, matted the completed image onto some pretty sparkly orange paper and attached to the card. I added sparkly chipboard corners from the coordinating DCWV Sweet Chipboards and some Making Memories flowers, and a flower, gemstone and sparkly brads from the Papermania Capsule Collection. Et voila.

I'm quite pleased with how this turned out - the colours are fresh and bright and pretty and sweet. :)

2 comments:

Sue Jones said...

Gorgeous Card Ali! She is one of my favourites too. Thanks for joining in at Sweet Pea stampers - This weeks challenge will be up later today so please come check it out :)

Vanessa (aka V'ness, Nessa, oldschool) said...

WOW that is Sweet & Bright!!!
thanks for joinin us at SPS!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...