Sunday 4 March 2012

Little Poser

I know all mothers are biased but DD1 really is ridiculously photogenic. She has the most adorable smile and seems to just instinctively strike a pose when the camera comes out. I took this gorgeous photo of her just last week and just knew that I would have to use it on a scrapbook page:


This LO actually combines a couple of challenges. Firstly, the weekly challenge at UKS, for which I had to use a sketch, use stitching, use butterflies and make my own flowers. And secondly the monthly challenge on the little crafting group on the parenting forum I hang out on - for that challenge I had to use green, use a favourite technique or item and recycle something.

The papers are Basic Grey Perhaps (my "favourite item" - I adore BG papers and have a quite silly amount of them, partly cos they're so pretty I find myself reluctant to use them, cos then I won't have them anymore! :lol:) and I punched butterflies using Tim Holtz Movers and Shapers dies and a Stampin' Up! Embosslit. I made the flowers by layering gathered circles of netting, paper blossoms, and Tattered Florals cut from plastic from a packaging box (my "recycled" item) and pearl beads hot-glued into the centre. I also cut more TH butterflies from the plastic packaging and layered them over the paper butterflies on the page.

4 comments:

salamanda said...

Beautiful page and she is lovely.

Elizabeth said...

Beautiful layout - like the way you've staggered the strips of floral paper and your handmade flowers are gorgeous ... as is your daughter's smile - definitely a winning smile :) Elizabeth x

Dan said...

I love the colour combo here and the lovely fresh feel you given it! :)

fatmonica said...

It's a beautiful page-and what a gorgeous photo!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...