Friday 2 March 2012

Pretty in Pastels

This week's theme at Passion for Promarkers is "pastels". I stamped this adorable Gorjuss image a few weeks ago and it's been sitting on my desk ever since, waiting for me to get chance to colour it in. You usually see the Gorjuss images coloured in quite dark/sombre colours so I thought why not be a bit different and see how she looks in pastels? As it turns out, she looks lovely... :)

The Gorjuss image is coloured in with my Promarkers and cut out and the patterned papers are from a 6x6 pad of, quite frankly, scrummy Webster's Pages papers that came free with the latest edition of Simply Cards & Papercraft, which dropped through my letterbox today. A lovely coincidence as the colours were just perfect for a pastel card.

I used a Martha Stewart border punch along the bottom of the papers and used my Sew Easy tool to sew a blanket stitch joining the two different papers together. The layered label shapes for the sentiment were cut with Nesties. I attached my coloured image with foam pads and added layered paper flowers, held together with brads, and some snippets of gem swirls, coloured with my Promarkers.


5 comments:

Claire said...

Very pretty card.
C xx

May said...

Beautiful card, just love your choice of colours, Hugs May x x

Sue Jones said...

So pretty -lovely colours.

fatmonica said...

It's beautiful-so pretty!

lis-m said...

Wow! gorjuss card Ali... love the embellishments too...
thanks for sharing with us ' Pfp this week .. hugs xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...