Tuesday 4 October 2011

Isn't this gorgeous?!

I just had a very busy - and extremely hot!! - but fun weekend in London at the Entertainment Media Show at Earl's Court where I had my photo taken with Arthur Darvill (Rory from Doctor Who), John Hurt, Joe Flanigan (Col. Sheppard in Stargate: Atlantis) and.... David Tennant!!... and got an autograph from Armin Shimmerman (Quark in Star Trek: Deep Space Nine and Principal Snyder in Buffy the Vampire Slayer). I also spent a very enjoyable time chatting with two Marvel artists, John McCrea and Lee Bradley and watching them create some incredible drawings.

And I also bought this:



Isn't it just gorgeous? It's by a company called Phoenix Copper Art and he hand-makes these beautiful journals with burnished copper covers. He had loads for sale with all sorts of fabulous designs on the covers but you can also design your own cover and he will make it for you. They are also filled with good quality 200GSM paper - or you can choose to have it filled with lined paper if you prefer. They can also be refilled.
I think these are *fantastic* for art journals! I knew I had to have one but I was dithering for a long while between buying one of the designs he had ready for sale or getting him to do an original design cover for me. In the end I plumped for this one with the Stargate design cover but I think I will have to have a think about a cover design and perhaps order another one with an original design cover. :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...