Sunday 11 March 2012

The Journey continues...

I'm still catching up with the weekly Art Journey prompts over at UKS. Well, I say catching up but I'm not really... cos it's taking me over a week to get a page done so I'm actually falling further behind on the weekly prompts, rather than catching up! :lol:

But nonetheless, I am being obsessively pedantic about wanting to complete the prompts in their proper order and not skip ahead etc so I am ploughing onwards. :) I'm actually really enjoying the process and the pages I am creating and am looking forward to having a journal full of amazing pages by the time this journey is finished.

So the latest page I have completed is for the Week 6 prompt which was all about building up layers to form your background:


I followed Vicki's tutorial fairly closely on this one and used Eco Green paints, Cosmic Shimmer Acrylic Drawing Ink, Derwent Inktense pencils, Tim Holtz tissue tape and white tissue paper to build up my background. The figure is from Tumblefish Studios.

2 comments:

fatmonica said...

Brilliant page!I love the background and the image is fab!

Rosie said...

Oh boy, do I relate to this page (which is beautiful). Just joined Slimming World - nothing like coughing up my limited cash to provide motivation ....

I haven't been doing the UKS challenges but might give them a try?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...