Tuesday 29 October 2013

Bleeding Hearts

My rather awesome - and very arty and talented - niece turned 18 recently and of course I had to send her a card...
 
I decided to use one of Rebecca Sinz's awesome digi stamps from Sweet Pea Stamps and for this card I chose Bleeding Hearts:
 
 
I love Rebecca's striking women and in particular her series of flower-themed portraits. I coloured Bleeding Hearts with my Promarkers and added some accents with a white gel pen.
 
 
I teamed the image with some gorgeous papers in rich, purple shades and lots and lots of pretty die-cuts and punches. I embellished the edge of my card using a decorative scrollwork die and then layered over bronze coloured cardstock, which I edged with a scroll edge punch.
 
 
I cut a delicate lattice using a Marianne Creatables die and layered this over the left side of the card.
 
 
I matted my image onto bronze card and attached it with foam pads, layering a decorative die-cut corner under it.
 
 
To finish I added layered metal and paper flowers and a greeting stamped and heat embossed and cut into a pennant shape.
 
 
I also decorated the inside of the card, to increase the contrast behind the die-cut edge.
 
 
This gorgeous image is available in red rubber or digi format from the Sweet Pea Stamps store.
 
 

2 comments:

Krisha said...

Super STUNNING! and what detail you put onto it. She is going to love it!

Helen said...

It's even more beautiful IRL ! She loves it x x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...