Tuesday 5 November 2013

Playing with pencils

I've been doing quite a bit of drawing lately... and sketching and shading with pencils made me think of perhaps trying out how some of my stamps would look shaded in just pencil rather than coloured with e.g. Promarkers. So I decided to try it out with this gorgeous stamp from Sweet Pea Stamps:
 
 
This digi stamp is called Silent Cry and is by the fabulous Ching-Chou Kuik. I printed it and coloured it in with just a simple HB pencil. I think it works really well on this image - the grayscale colouring seems to fit with the melancholy of the image. :)
 
 
I teamed the finished image with a hand-made inky background using muted shades of Distress Inks and added some delicate die-cuts:
 
 
To finish things off, I also added some dots of black Stickles and a few highlights of Stickles on the leaves.
 
 
This image is available in red rubber or digi format from the Sweet Pea Stamps store.
 

4 comments:

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

This is gorgeous Ali. It's amazing to see what you can do with a common as anything HB pencil!! Beautiful. Best wishes, Kym xxx

Desire Fourie said...

So beautiful and the colouring is just wonderful.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Krisha said...

Wonderful card Ali. I have use a HB pencil on stamped images and always have like the effect. I think it is a perfect medium for tis image.

Unknown said...

This is stunning Ali!!! I love it!! I always love all your creations!!

- Susan
{Scrap A Thousand Words}
{Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges} *New Challenge Blog*

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...