Wednesday 11 April 2012

Happy Birthday Auntie Marion!

Wow, there sure does seem to be a lot of birthdays and other card-requiring occasions in my family around this time of year! :lol:

This time around it's DH's Aunt Marion, who turns a very sprightly and feisty 82 on Friday! :D So I made her this card:


The image is a Stitchy Bear Stamps digi stamp and when I saw it, I knew I *had* to have it for Marion's card! Why, you may ask? Well, take a look at this:


Freaky, eh? It's like she modelled for the artist! :lol:

I printed the image and coloured it with Promarkers and used Nesties to cut it out and mat it. The papers are some absolutely scrummy Pink Paislee ones that came free with the current edition of Cardmaking & Papercraft. The greeting stamp is a Stampin' Up! one, again cut out and embossed with Nesties, and the leaves are cut with a Stampin' Up! Sizzlet die. The flowers are a combination of Prima paper flowers and flowers punched with a Nellie Snellen punch and embosser combo and a Stampin' Up! punch.

I'm entering this card into the current "use a digi" challenge at One Stitch at a Time.

Here's hoping Auntie Marion likes it... and that it makes it to France by Friday! :)

12 comments:

Nicks said...

LOL that is freaky, I had the same thing with a great aunt of mine - cant find the post right now with her photo on
http://nicksartystuff.blogspot.co.uk/2009/09/meet-auntie-gertie.html

thanks for the heads up re the word verification on my blog, i didnt realise buit I will now go and remove it x

Nicki Tustin said...

wow that is such an apt card

May said...

Fabulous... it did make me laugh its so apt for your aunt.. she will love it i'm sure! Hugs May x x x

Hazel said...

I love that image and it certainly suits your aunt. I made one with the same image for my friend. Thanks for joining us at OSAAT. Hazel x

vixen said...

Brilliant card Aly, defiantly see the similarities :)

happyscrapper said...

That is freaky. She needs to get a modeling royalties. This is a fabulous card that is prefect for your aunt. The colors are fun and bright. Thanks for joining us at OSAAT, and hope to see you back next week.
hugz,
Christine DT at OSAAT

Claire said...

Lovely card & Happy Birthday to Auntie Marion :)
C xx

CG said...

This is too perfect! Happy birthday Marion! Thanks so much for joining us at One Stitch at a Time this week. Best. CG

Neesie said...

LOL oh how funny...I think she'll love the card and it'll be a winner for sure.
Thanks for popping over to visit me.
Have fun with WOYWW :D
Neesie @12

Cindy Groh said...

Fabulous card. Your coloring is awesome. Thanks for joining us this week at OSAAT.

stitchy said...

hhahaha oh Ali, you make sure you tell Aunt Marion Happy Birthday from me and "the check is in the mail" haha...thank you so much for sharing with me and my girls at OSAAT :)

stitchy
xoxox

Love crafts forever said...

OMGoodness Ali!!!!!! You made all OSAAT Team giggle. What a gorgeous model you have in your Family lol. Thanks for playing with us at OSAAT.
Hugs Nat

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...