Monday 8 October 2012

Whole lotta LOs!

This past weekend I left DH in charge of the kiddies and sloped off to sunny Birmingham (no, really - it was! :D) for the Green Buttons scrapbooking retreat. 2 and a bit days of crafting, chatting, giggling, drinking, some singing, and a fair bit of chocolate eating, with 14 lovely ladies from my UKS house.
 
 
We had lots of fun and did a lot of creating - and I made a grand total of 6 scrapbook pages! Which is pretty darn productive for me cos I am not generally a super-quick scrapper (unlike a certain person, who shall remain nameless (Tracey!!), who was churning them out at a rate that put the rest of us to shame! :lol:).
 
I made this page using some scrummy Stampin' Up! papers and some Marianne dies:
 
 
I made this page using goodies from the Mystery Kit swap (we each put together a kit from our stash containing cardstock and papers and coordinating embellies):
 
 
This one was a sketch challenge one:
 
 
This one was for a class about sewing on scrapbook pages (I hand-sewed around the fleur de lys on this page and also hand-sewed a border):
 
 
This page was for a class on using up paper scraps - I chose to punch hexagons from my scraps:
 
 
And for this last page I sponged Distress Ink through the negative of a Tattered Florals die and then doodled all over and around them:


I had such a great weekend, crafting and chatting with like-minded ladies and creating all these pages. I don't seem to have done much scrapbooking lately, have been doing more cardmaking and other projects. So it was lovely to get back into scrapbooking. :)

2 comments:

Jimjams said...

You were productive Ali. Each of those pages is a mini work of art in - and don't forget the buttons you made too! It really was a lovely weekend.

MiniOwner said...

Oh wow! Fab scrapping there, Ali. I'm very envious you had a house retreat.
Sue x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...