Sunday 9 June 2013

Red, White and Blue

It's Variations Week again at Sweet Pea Stamps and this time the DT are playing with Karen Middleton's sweet Red, White and Blue image. I love Variations Week... it's always amazing to see how everyone takes the same image and creates something so different with it. :)

For my card I coloured the stamp with my Promarkers in shades of red, white and blue - as seemed appropriate - and added some sparkly Stickles to the scattered stars.
 
 
I cut out the image with a Nestabilities die and embossed the edges and decorated my card with gold mirri card and one of the backgrounds I made while playing with my Gelli plate last month - I thought the red, white and blue colours, with touches of gold, in this print were just a perfect match for the theme of the stamp and the colours I'd used to colour it in.
 
 
I added a couple of lengths of ribbon in blue and gold and then cut some zooming star shapes with my Cameo and layered them under the image, which I matted onto more gold mirri card and attached with foam tape. To finish I added some teeny tiny little star-shaped gemstones here and there.
 
 
This image is available in both red rubber and digi format from the Sweet Pea Stamps store.
 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...