Thursday 26 September 2013

Sisters

This week at Sweet Pea Stamps we are focusing on the beautiful artwork of Joanne Schempp. I love her fabulous fantasy images and for my creation this week I chose to work with the Sisters digi stamp.
 
 
I just love this image of two mermaid sisters sitting together... it reminds me a little of my sister and I, one with curly hair and one with straight. :)
 
I colour the image using my Promarkers in pretty shades of pink and orange with some touches of blue for contrast. I cut it out using a decorative oval die before filling in the background with my Prismacolor pencils:
 
 
I also added some delicate "bubbles" to the background using a pearl-coloured Perlen Pen:
 
 
I layered the die-cut image over a die-cut scalloped oval with paper-pierced edging and teamed it with pretty blue paper which I had run through a cloud patterned embossing folder:
 
 
I layered pink dotty rubbon across the card before attaching the layered image using foam pads and finished things off with lots of pretty flowers and a few pearl gemstones:
 
 
 
You can find this and Joanne's other gorgeous stamps in both red rubber and digi format at the Sweet Pea Stamps store.
 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...