Tuesday 26 March 2013

Butterfly... flutter by...

Butterflies!
 
That's the theme of this week's challenge at Passion for Promarkers and naturally I just couldn't resist cos I looooove em! Butterflies are one papercrafting motif that I will never tire of - I'd put em on everything given half a chance! :D
 
This challenge was also the perfect opportunity for me to try out one of my brand new digi stamp designs - Butterfly Profile - which has just been added to the (newly revamped!) Stitchy Bear Digi Outlet store:
 
 
I coloured the image with my Promarkers:
 
 
I wanted my card to have intense, vibrant colours to match with this image so I took the plunge and finally made myself use some of the gorgeous Bo Bunny Ambrosia collection which I've been hoarding avariciously for probably at least a year (filed under "Too Pretty To Use")! :D
 
I looooove these papers and matching embellies!
 
I matted the paper and my coloured image onto deep turqouise cardstock and added a pretty cluster of flowers, with a button centre, and a sentiment (stamped and die-cut with my Itty Bitty Banners set from Stampin' Up! - love this versatile set for making instant sentiment banners!):
 
 
I added a few more flowers:
 
 
And then pretty much went kerrr-aaazy with the butterflies! :D
 
 
I used my Beautiful Wings embosslit die from Stampin' Up! and cut butterflies from three different colours of card. I use this die sooo much and it's perfect for dinky little butterflies to scatter across a creation. :)
 
I finished things off with a few gemstones.
 
 
And that's my butterfly-themed card. D'you think it's got enough butterflies to qualify for the theme? Be honest now? ;D :lol:

I'm also entering this card into the following challenges:
Artistic Inspirations - Fantasy
Bunny Zoe's Crafts - Girly
Creative Creations - The Letter B
Crafty Boots - Flowers
Pause, Dream, Enjoy - Anything Goes
WhoopsiDaisy - Use a Digi
Challenges 4 Everybody - Anything Goes
Kenny K's Krafty Krew - Anything Goes
No Matter Which Challenges - Anything Goes
 

13 comments:

Dee's Craft Room said...

Stunning card, the image is beautifully coloured and very powerful.

Thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

Dionne

Pysselfröken said...

Wow this is really a lot of butterflies! Beautiful Card. I love the colord you have used. Thanks fir joining us at PFP.
Hugs Frida

Flutterby Trina said...

Love all the butterflies! Thanks for joining us at Creative Creations Challenges with our 'B' challenge - remember you can enter up to three times! Good Luck and hope to see you again soon :) x

Unknown said...

Wow this is a very striking image, love all the butterflies

Thank you for joining us at Artistic Inspiration this week
Claire

Crafting Vicky said...

Your digi is absolutely breath taking beautiful! So much talent ;) Love that I'm not the only one that seems to hord paper that I love lol

artwolf2009 said...

Lovely card. Thanks for joining us at the NMWC challange and hope to see you and your art there again.

Anonymous said...

Wow what a stunning card, just love the image so beautiful. Thank you for joining us at AI this week. Abbie (Owner) xx

Paper Sewn Visions said...

Faboulous card and image. Thank you for sharing and joining us at NMWC. Hugs, Velma

Claire said...

Fab card, love the vibrant colours you've used. Thanks so much for joining us at NMWC this month
Claire xx

Love crafts forever said...

Ali you out done your self, such a pretty image and card. Thank you so much for playing with us at Whoopsi Daisy challenge Blog.
Hugs Nataliya

knitmachinequeen (KMQ) said...

Your coloring is fabulous. Thanks for joining us this week at Kenny K's Krafty Krew Challenge. Good luck and please join us again soon!

Unknown said...

Wow, such a awesome card you`ve made and great coloring :-)
Thanx for joining at Kenny K`s Krafty Krew this time. Love to see you again soon :-)
Hugs from Karin

mum of two said...

How fabulous! I love all the little butterflies. Thanks so much for playing with us at Pause Dream Enjoy Anything Goes this past week. Hope to see you again soon :)

michelle
Purple Monkey Moments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...