Wednesday 27 March 2013

Unicorn and Fairy

I've been playing with a new digi stamp this week.... this gorgeous fantasty image, called Unicorn and Fairy, is one of Joanne Schempps's recent additions to the Sweet Pea Stamps store:
Please do excuse my rather brightly-lit photos... even with a lightbox my photos just weren't picking up the colours and detail of this card so I ventured into the consevatory for some daylight shots... and despite the large amounts of snow still laying around outside, it was quite a sunny day! :lol:
I coloured the image with my Promarkers and used a blender pen to dot over the background to give it a bit of a mottled effect and make the figures in the foreground stand out more.
I then added lots of sparkly shimmer and shine with a Versamark pen (I'd actually forgotten I had one of those! :D) and some embossing powders. I added silvery-white pearlescent embossing powder on the moon and some streaks of holographic glittery embossing powder on the wings. I also added some little dots of blue Stickles to the background here and there, like little points of starlight.
I matted my image onto pearlescent pink card and decorated my card with a panel of white card which I embossed with a floral embossing folder (from Stampin' Up!) before matting onto more of the pearlescent pink card. I finished things off with some die-cuts, some pretty flowers....
...a border punch and some ribbon and gemstones:
This lovely image is available as a digi stamp from the Sweet Pea Stamps store.

2 comments:

susibee said...

Beautiful card.

Queenie Jeannie said...

What a STUNNING card!!!! Love the coloring and all the glittery bits! This is just amazing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...