Monday 11 March 2013

Zombieeeees!!!

They're everywhere! Or maybe not. ;)
 
But they are on my card today. :D
 
 
This card is another example of serendipity at work. You see, I had a bit of a disaster last week - my Putty Promarker, which I use for all my skin-tone colouring, died a sudden death. I was bemoaning its loss on Facebook and a crafty friend of mine suggested, somewhat jokingly, that I would have to do green skin until the replacement I'd ordered arrived, and I joked back agreeing that I would just have to colour everything as zombies.
 
And then I saw the new challenge theme at the Dilly Beans challenge blog was "Green"! So, of course, I couldn't resist! :lol: And I am blaming this entirely on Mel. :D
 
I used this Rosie Framed digi stamp and coloured her with lovely, healthy, green zombie skin. :)
 
 
I kept the card fairly clean and simple with lots of white space, adding just a strip of patterned paper, a length of ribbon, and a few flowers and leaves:
 
 
And I finished things off with a stamped greeting (a Stampin' Up! stamp):
 
 
I'm also entering this card into the following challenges:
Addicted to Stamps - Bring on Spring (lots of flowers)
Challenges 4 Everybody - Anything Goes
Creative Inspirations Paint - Go Green
Gingerloft - The Colour Green
Glitter n Sparkle - Use Green
Great Impressions - Going Green
Scrappy Frogs - Green/St Patrick's Day





10 comments:

Sue Jones said...

Ha Ha Perfect for our green challenge!

House of Bears said...

Now that really is a brilliant idea to make your work look quirky and original, we may have to try this. Absolutely love your card. :)

Lozzy said...

your card is amazing Ali..what a clever idea and the image is perfect for the colour
Lozzy xx

DonnaMundinger said...

Serendipity for sure! Love it! She's beautiful as a Zombie and the embellies are fab. Thanks for joining us at Dilly Beans this week. xxD

Joan V said...

Ali, I just love your creativity. You may just be up there with Tim Burton on you image. I think she is stunning. Love all the embellishments, too.
Thanks for joining us and playing along at Great Impression Stamps March Challenge "Going Green".

Nicole said...

This looks soooo gorgeous!! Thanks so much for joining us at ATSC. Good luck. Hugs, Nicole

Cheryl Walker said...

Beautiful!!! Thank you for joining us at Creative Inspiration Paints for our challenge this week!
Hugs,
Cheryl

Jenn Borjeson said...

LOL She's the most gorgeous zombie I've ever seen, Ali! :) Thanks for joining us at Dilly Beans! :)

craftygranny said...

oh my she is fab . Thanks for sharing with us at glitternsparkle hugs trisha x

Unknown said...

Giggling here, I always have a spare Putty and Blush, cos I use them all the time, but loving the green, LOL, thank you for sharing with us at Glitter N Sparkle this week, good luck xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...