Tuesday 12 March 2013

Sweet Baby

I made this card last night for a mum who takes her daughter to the same Rhythm Time class as my DD2. We've met up once or twice for playdates outside of class and she's just recently started coming back to class after having her second child (another girl) in January:
 
 
I thought it'd be nice to give her a little something but didn't want to do a traditional "congratulations/new baby" card as the actual event was a couple of months ago now! :lol: So I thought this A Day For Daisies dig stamp of a mum cuddling her baby would be perfect for a card welcoming her to the "mum to two girls" club! :lol:
 
I chose some gorgeous floral papers in spring colours (more magazine freebies) and used my Promarkers (my replacement Putty Promarker has arrived - yay!) to colour the image to match the papers:
 
 
I layered the papers and added a doily and cut around the image to layer it over the doily. I added a "Sweet Baby" sentiment (Stampin' Up! Itty Bitty Banners stamp and matching Framelit) and finished things off with some pretty flowers...
 
 
..and a little butterfly charm:
 
 
Unfortunately, I didn't get to give the card to its intended recipient this morning, as DD2 woke up with a bit of a temperature and feeling a bit under the weather and clingy, so we didn't go to her Rhythm Time class. Ah well, it will have to wait till next week. :) 
 
I'm entering this card into the following challenges:
Artistic Inspirations - Flowers
Bunny Zoe's Crafts - Girly
Crafty Bloggers Network - Spring or Pastels
Creative Stamp Friends - Spring Colours
Daisy Doodles - Spring Time
House of Gilli - Anything Goes + Pastels
My Craft Spot - Sweet Baby

5 comments:

Unknown said...

So pretty and beautifully delicate.

Thank you so much for entering Artistic Inspirations this week.
Claire x
(DT)

Sherrie K. said...

What a beautiful card! The image is so sweet. The doily and flowers are great elements to your fabulous card! TFS!
Thanks for joining us at My Craft Spot!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Kate said...

Your card is beautiful! The image is such a lovely one and your flowers are gorgeous! Fabulous card!

Thanks so much for playing along with us at My Craft Spot!

Kate
Small Bits of Paper

Kay Dalton said...

your card is adorable, such soft pretty colours pefecr for a new baby card, thanks for joining us at Artistic Inspirations challenge

Anja said...

Such a cute card ...
Thanks for joning us at creative Stampfriends.
Hugs Anja

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...