Wednesday 6 March 2013

Down at the Bottom of the Deep Blue Sea...

For my DT card for Sweet Pea Stamps this week I've gone with an underwater theme...
 
I decided to use this gorgeous new digi stamp from Joanne Schempp - a stunning mermaid called Valentia:
 
 
I coloured the digi stamp in with my Promarkers and a white gel pen and added some Stickles to the seaweed and I then had the idea of using UTEE to create a sort of underwater effect (a technique I've tried before for this mermaid necklace). I cut out the coloured digi stamp and glued it onto thick cardboard (otherwise the process of adding UTEE will cause the thinner card to curl inwards) and then covered the entire image with Versamark ink and added multiple layers of UTEE:
 
 
I love the effect of UTEE over Promarker inks - it seems to intensify the colours and make them really glow! I also added in some very fine glitter in shades of yellow and blue as I added the layers of UTEE and also sprinkled on a few flakes of gold glass glitter:
 
 
To finish off the image (and cover the edges of the cardboard base), I swiped the edges with more Versamark ink and heat embossed with pirate gold embossing powder.
 
I carried the underwater theme over to the rest of the card, using some underwater-themed paper (from Graphic45) matted against gold mirri card and cutting out a selection of seaweed shapes with my Cameo. I cut these out in white card and coloured them with my Promarkers to match the image and added more Stickles before attaching them across the bottom of the card. I also added some bubbles, again cut from white card and coloured with Promarkers, and gave them a layer of Glossy Accents.
 
 
You can buy this gorgeous stamp in either red rubber or digi format from the Sweet Pea Stamps store. :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...