Friday 15 March 2013

Sweet Pea Blog Hop!

Sweet Pea Stamps are having a blog hop today to showcase some of the stunning new images from Rebecca Sinz. Each of the Design Team have been given one of these gorgeous newly released stamps to create with and if you take a hop around all the DT blogs you can see what we've all created - and maybe bag yourself a prize in the process! :)
 
You should have come here from Nataliya's blog but if you've missed the start of the hop, or if you get lost along the way, you can find a full list of all the participating blogs at the Sweet Pea Stamps blog.
 
My image to create with for the hop is Rebecca Sinz's Forget-Me-Not:
 
 
This card is something a bit different for me because (as previously mentioned on this blog), I wasn't able to use my Promarkers for a few days because my Putty one, which I use for colouring skin tones, died on me! So instead, I dug out my Prismacolor pencils. I only bought these a couple of months ago and haven't actually used them a huge amount yet, but as they say, necessity is the mother of invention! ;)
 
 
And I'm SO glad I did use the Prismacolors because I think this image looks gorgeous coloured with the softer touch of pencil colours. Isn't she just beautiful? I just love how Rebecca draws faces and her latest set of images, each based around a particular flower, is just stunning.
 
I decorated my card with a sheet of Kate Knight patterned paper, which was a perfect match for both the background and flower colours I'd used on the image, and added a die-cut frame and some die-cut flourishes. I matted the coloured image onto blueish/violet cardstock and attached it to the card using foam tape and finished things off with some pretty flowers and a few gemstones.
 
 
Your next stop along the hop is Sharon's blog. Don't forget to leave a comment at every blog along the hop and on Monday a randomly-drawn winner will receive a $10 certificate for the Sweet Pea Stamps store.
 

25 comments:

Granmargaret said...

Lovely card Ali. Thank you for sharing in the blog hop

Yvette said...

these stamps are gorgeous! Beautiful coloring!

Connie said...

This is lovely Ali. Love how you have made it glow!!
Connie

uksharon said...

I love your pencil colouring, fabulously coloured. Love, love everything about your design. Stunning card.
Best wishes, Sharon

ionabunny said...

Gorgeous stamp. She looks a bit vulnerable but at the same time mysterious. Great card

Anonymous said...

Ali - wonderful hair and you're right the softness of the pencils looks fantastic, I'm glad you had to use them :)

lora said...

Oh, the image is cute! Your colouring is gentle so much! Love the papers you used here - all is fine!

Arts by Sara said...

Your card is fabulous! I love the colors that you have chose! I really like how you added those die cut pieces in purple, really helps to make it all pop! Have a wonderful weekend!

Sue in CT said...

Fantastic card! I love the die cut frame and how it adds to the wispy style of her hair. The flowers are gorgeous as is your coloring. Beautiful job!

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

So very pretty. I love your coloring on this card. Always so stunning Sharon. Great work!

Maja said...

Awsome. Feels like summer to me :-)

Christine said...

This is so pretty. I just love all the detailed embellishments you did. Colouring is fabulous.

Christine said...

This is so pretty. I just love all the detailed embellishments you did. Colouring is fabulous.

sussig said...

I love your creations Ali! This one is fabulous, as they all are!

Love crafts forever said...

Yey!!! Congrats on finally using your Pencils lol. Good job Ali.
Hugs Nat

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

Ali, this is stunning. Sometimes when we are moved out of our comfort zone it can be a little scary but you've done a wonderful job colouring this image with your pencils. Right off for further looking on the Sweet Pea Stamps Blog Hop. Best wishes, Kym xxx

Pat said...

I've seen three images from Rebecca and I think I have a new fave artist! Her images are gorgeous, and your card is a lovely frame for it!

KarinsArtScrap said...

very beautiful image and card Ali.

greetings karin

CreativSpirit said...

Gorgeous, love your colouring and the image.

Design og Hobby said...

Hi Ali! Your card looks amazing and love those diecuts!
Hugs Gry

Milo Lilja said...

Great coloring. Love the die cuts and flowers! Hugs Milo <3

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

amazing! love how you did the detail on her eyes and the beautiful dies :)

sweetpeastamps said...

Gogeous job on this Ali and that die cut is beautiful. You made such a lovely card

maryps said...

Stunning - I love the eyes! Thank you for sharing your creativity. Have a great day! =^..^=

postalorphan said...

Stunning card - love the colors, and the die cuts are the perfect touch.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...