Wednesday 13 March 2013

WOYWW 197

I've been working on something really quite exciting recently... *but*.... the details aren't finalised as yet so I can't share! Argh! Oooh the tension is killing me! :lol:
 
So anyway, I can't share what I've been working on but I *can* share where I've been working... and... brace yourselves.... I've tidied!!!! :)
 
 
 
Yup, I finally got fed up enough of the mess on my craft desk to start trying to do something about it. I was reaching the point where I was struggling to have space to craft in. So I had a darn good sort through and cleared all the paper scraps, random embellishments, tools, inkpads, varied bottles and jars, and accumulated rubbish (darn it but the paper backing strips of DST get everywhere!) from the main craft desk. Lookit! You can actually see desk! Acres of it! :D
 
I actually made two cards this evening too but I pretty much tidied as I went and a few strips of off-cut paper and a pad of 6x6 papers is all there is to show from my creating.
 
Just compare it to how it looked last week: :)
 
 
Admittedly, I have a lot more work to do. Because the second desk, the craft stacker unit, and even the floor, are still piled high. But it's a start right?
 
And I do still need to deal with the teetering pile that has accumulated on top of the printer:
 
 
I have however implemented one idea to try and prevent the mess from recurring (I know, I know, it's a futile effort, and yet still I try!) - a snazzy little metal "in-tray" in front of the Cameo is now housing any random bits of loose embellies etc and any bits of paper/card etc that I am currently working with/about to work with.
 
 
My idea is that by sitting it in front of the Cameo, it will prevent the build-up of paper scraps etc that usually accumulate in that area... and I can simply pick it up and move the whole thing aside when I want to use the Cameo.
 
That's the idea, anyway. Tune in in a few weeks to see how well it works! :lol:
 
That's it for me for WOYWW this week... hope to be able to share my exciting news some time very soon so keep an eye out for an announcement! :D



15 comments:

505whimsygirl said...

Hi Ali,

Tee hee. That is a pretty impressive before and after! I've tidied up a bit too! Perhaps it's spring fever setting in?

Happy WOYWW
No number yet...
Peace,
Kay

House of Bears said...

Mount paper pile is pretty impressive, we think you should see just how talk it gets before it topples! We often end up crafting in one square inch of space despite having a nice large desk.

Happy woyww from the bears @#74 this week.

Helen said...

hmmmm I have a pile of tags and crafty makes on my scanner....why do we do it?! Have a great week. Helen 11

Marit said...

It seems I come across 'piles' all the time... ha! I LOVE your tidy desk and it seems totally ready to start a new creative mess, so enjoy enjoy! Happy woyww, Marit #79

Heathers Inspiration said...

This made me smile in a good way.
I have mounting piles and limited storage, so now I have small stack boxes for different bits :)
Just hope I do not fill them x
Happy WOYWW Heather #46

Krisha said...

WOW, you have space!! and lots of it! I've been trying to stay in sync with tiding up after each project too. Now if I could just feel that way about the rest of the house....LOL
Krisha #97

Winnie said...

How fun! I love before and after shots! We all have desks that look like both of these shots. My tidy one doesn't last too long though. looking forward to seeing what you have been working on. Suspense is a good thing! Enjoy the week! Winnie#65

MiniOwner said...

Crumbs, Ali, I thought I'd come to the wrong workdesk LOL. Well done! I started clearing up in here a couple of weeks ago but never finished and now it looks like I din't do anything. Hope you aren't feeling too bad with the lurgy. Get well soon. Happy Wednesday. :o)
Sue x (MiniOwner@109)

Gibby Frogett said...

You started the post by teasing us and ended the same way...you meanie LOL... Good luck with sorting out all that paper, I have a box with offcuts for card, one for paper but do I ever think to look in it ..of course not..ha ha... Happy WOYWW Gill x #50

Unknown said...

I'm so glad I'm not the only one with teetering piles of stuff all over my desk which I just seem to move from one place to another ...lol! Good luck with the tidying .. I'm with you in spirit on that one! Thanks for sharing and Happy Woyww.
Liz 72

okienurse said...

Great workable idea...follow through is the idea! I have little pockets/packets of stuff in drawers and bins that I swear I will us and maybe doing the bin in front of the cutter would work better for me too! I usually cut a new one only to find I have 5 in a packet else where! Thanks for sharing. Have a great week. Vickie #1

Unknown said...

A craft room that's always clean, is the sign of a disturbed mind. We'll that's the excuse I use for my mess. Great job cleaning your area. You can come and do mine...LOL ....#114

Anonymous said...

I so do not miss the whole :I can't talk about it" thing from the mag. I always want to share as soon as I have the idea and it kills me to have to keep quiet. No mad keen when other have to be silent either - I am such a nosy parker! :)

Happy WOYWW

MA (21)

Amy Pigott said...

Lovely work desk, I too have been in cleaning fever the last two weeks, but its starting to get messy again!

Happy WOYWW!

Amy #90

April said...

I hope you are able to share your news soon, too. Your desk looks very productive. :-) April #110

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...