Monday 4 March 2013

Get In Shape

Can I just say, how freaking awesome is my Cameo? :D
 
I must admit, I haven't used it a huge amount since my lovely hubby bought it for me in November - I am still getting the hang of how to do various things with it (and I must admit to not spending as much time in the craft room as usual over the winter months! :lol:).
 
But it really is the coolest, cleverest darn thing and I really must use it more. Cos look what I did with it over the weekend:
 
 
I made my own shaped card base!! How awesome is that?! :D
 
The challenge at Passion for Promarkers this week is to make a circle card and I really wanted to have a go... but I don't have any circle card blanks and I don't have any dies big enough to cut a card blank in the BigShot so I decided to have a play with my Cameo. And by overlapping two scalloped circle shapes and welding them I was able to cut out a shaped card base. Am so impressed with myself! :lol:
 
I decorated my card with some gorgeous freebie papers that came with a craft magazine and added a butterfly and flourish (also cut with the Cameo) and some flowers - including a resin flower from a matching set that came with the pretty papers:
 
 
And for the image I used this adorable Alisa With Roses digi stamp from Mo's Digital Pencil. Isn't she so sweet?
 
 
I'm also entering this card into the following challenges:
Addicted to Stamps - Bring on Spring (lots of flowers)
Great Impressions - Going Green
Hobby Cutz - Anything Goes
No Matter Which Challenges - Anything Goes
Scrappy Frogs - Green
Sunday Stamper - Something Pretty
That Craft Place - Anything Goes
Hiding In My Craft Room - Green

18 comments:

pinky said...

Its absolutely gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at PFP.
Pinky

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Ali, what a gorgeous card. I love the sweet image and your colouring is fab. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

Redanne said...

Hello Ali, your card really is the most beautiful shape and the image you have used is wonderfully coloured. Love it! I am ever so slightly envious that you have a Cameo...... Anne x

theCook said...

Gorgeous card, that must be so satisfying to create your own shapes as you need them! I have a Big Shot and I sometimes wish I could just change the size of that die...
Love your floral treatment, that mix of paper and resin really works well!
Thanks for entering our very first challenge at Hobbycutz!

Nat said...

Totally gorgeous, fab circle card, love the image and your colouring is spot on. I saw the magazine & free resin flowers in my paper shop and dimissed them, wish I'd bought the magazine now as it looks great on your card!
Natx

Hels Sheridan said...

Pretty and gorgeousness indeedily... Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

artwolf2009 said...

Thanks for participating with you sweet card at NMWC. So many details, so much love you have put in. Good luck and hope to see you again

Tracy said...

Really sweet and beautiful card, love the little butterfly and flowers.

Thanks for sharing with us at That Craft Place xx

Paper Sewn Visions said...

Fabulous shape card. Beautiful colouring work and image. Thank you for sharing and joining us at NMWC. Hugs, Velma

Wenche said...

Really lovely card. Thank you for joining the Hobbycutz challenge. And if you are not allready joining, get back to join our blog hop also ;-)

Kim Ryden said...

This card is so cute and whimsical! Thanks for playing with us this week at HIMCR!

Karen said...

Stunning card, love the image and your coloring is beautiful. Thanks for joining us this month at Scrappy Frogs.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous shape card...I love the image you used...Thank you for joining us at our First Challenge at Hobbycutz...Hugs Kobie

Cathy said...

Simply gorgeous, and I love your sweet image. Thank you for joining in the first Hobbycutz challenge, and don't forget to join in the hop if you haven't already.
Hugs
Cathy xx

Kjersti said...

A beautiful card Ali, great design and such a sweet image!
Thanks for joining in Addicted to Stamps spring Challenge!
Hugs Kjersti:)

Kim Bell said...

Beautiful card. I just love all the details you added!! It blends so well. Thanks so much for joining us at HobbyCutz.

Hugz
Kim

Teresa said...

A beautiful creation Ali, with lots of gorgeous flowers, thank you for joining us at Addicted to Stamps Challenge.
Teresa x

Sue from Oregon said...

Thanks for sharing with us at Great Impresssions Stamps March Challenge!

I can say that I totally love my Silhouette too! It has opened up a whole new world of crafting! I can say I have not bought any dies since I got my machine!

Your fun shaped card is wonderful!

♥ Sue Kment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...