Wednesday 20 March 2013

Purple Rain...

For my card for Sweet Pea Stamps this week I chose to work with another of Ching-Chou Kuik's gorgeous digital stamps. This one is called Autumn Rain:
 
 
I coloured the image with my Promarkers in stormy shades of purple and blue:
 
 
For patterned papers to match with these colours I turned to my beloved collection of Basic Grey papers. These papers are from quite an old collection - Phresh & Phunky - which I've had for ages! I also added coordinating fibres from the Phresh & Phunky collection layered under some flowers. I punched the large flower from the patterned paper using a Stampin' Up! punch and added some small paper flowers.
 
 
I also punched several butterflies from the patterned paper (using two different Stampin' Up! punches) and folded the wings up a little before attaching them and then added some grey pearls (also by Basic Grey) to the centres.
 
 
The final touch for this card was some chipboard photo corners (also by Basic Grey - I might have gone a bit mad with the whole Basic Grey thing on this card! :lol:) which I decorated with a faux dichroic glass technique.
 
 
You can buy this beautiful image in either red rubber or digi format from the Sweet Pea Stamps store.
 
 

1 comment:

fatmonica said...

It's a stunning piece of work.I love the papers and the flowers and the image is fab!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...