Thursday 7 March 2013

Sweet Pea Steampunk

I made another card for the Sweet Pea Stamps blog this week, this time using Marlon Teunissen's fabulous The Pilot digi stamp (this is the digi stamp that was coloured on my desk in my WOYWW post yesterday). I love Marlon's steampunk-themed, slightly manga-style images.
 
 
I carried the steampunk style throughout my card with shades of blue and brown, cog and clock motifs and lots of metal effects.
 
I coloured the image with my Promarkers before cutting it out with a Spellbinders die and embossing it and inking the edges. I then matted it onto bronze-coloured card.
 
 
I added some decoration with a bronze Perlen Pen and some Glossy Accents.
 
 
I then used my Cameo to cut a cog design overlay from bronze-coloured card and added random patches of Distress Embossing Powder for a rusted effect before layering it over clock-patterned paper. I attached the matted image using foam pads.
 
To finish off I added a layered flower using paper flowers and a metal flower centrepiece and some foliage flourishes die-cut from cardstock and heat embossed with copper powder.
 
 
I also cut a sentiment with my Cameo and heat embossed that with copper embossing powder before attaching.
 
 
I think this image looks fabulous on a steampunk card - the whole effect is industrial and grungy and steampunky but still quite feminine. :)
 
You can buy this image in both red rubber and digi format at the Sweet Pea Stamps store.
 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...