Monday 6 February 2012

Inky fun

The january week 5 challenge over at UKS included a fabulous sketch that I really wanted to have a go at. As well as providing the sketch, the challenge was to use 5 block across the page (could be photos, paper, journalling blocks etc), to add decorative bits along the top and bottom edges (as in the sketch), to use journalling and to use something new.

Here's what I came up with:

I'm really pleased with how this LO came out. I immediately knew I wanted to use these photos... they work really well as a set because they are all of the same subject but each slightly different (this is a photography technique I have developed since having kids (especially when they are babies!) - keep snapping several pics and if you're lucky you'll get a couple where they're looking at the camera/not blurred/not pulling a weird face! :lol:). I also really wanted to use these scrummy brightly coloured flower images that I had recently downloaded from Sweetly Scrapped, and thought they'd be perfect for the decorative bits along the top and bottom of the page (and they also count as my "something new").

To add a bit more interest to the white page, I scraped gesso through a stencil in patches across the middle of the page, behind where the photos would be, and, once dry, spritzed with Dylusions inks. The title was added using glittery alpha stickers and I added a bit of journalling by hand. Et voila.

I really liked this sketch. I may have to use it again.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...