Tuesday 14 February 2012

Love... in shades of purple

Here's a little card I made for entry into a couple of blog challenges. This week's theme at Passion for Promarkers is "Grey and Purple" and the theme at Sweet Pea Stampers is "Love". This is my interpretation of these two themes in one card:



The stamp is a scrummy Ching Chou Kuik design and she's coloured in with my Promarkers, of course, and, for a bit of added shimmer, I used Icicle Stickles over the moon shape in the image. The background is Distress Stain swiped across glossy card and then water spritzed through a stencil over one section. I cut paisley shapes from shimmery grey and purple card with my Nesties and layered those onto the background and double-matted my image onto shimmery purple and then black card. To finish I made some little hat pins with heart-shaped beads and hot glued them and some layered fabric flowers into place and stamped Amour (a Stampin' Up! stamp) in black ink in the bottom corner.

3 comments:

coops said...

stunning card ali.your design and details are gorgeous and i love the beautiful image :D
thanks for joining us this week at PFP ;D

xx coops xx

Love crafts forever said...

Love this colors, and your flowers are gorgeous!
Thanks for playing at Sweet Pea Stampers.
Hugs Nataliya

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

Ali, What a lovely card you have made and in my favourite colour makes it better for me!!! Thanks for taking part in the Sweet Pea Stampers Challenge this fortnight and best of luck. We hope to see you back again very soon. Best wishes, Kym, Sweet Pea Stampers Design Team xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...