Monday 1 April 2013

Captured

For my Sweet Pea Stamps card this week I used this gorgeous image by Karen Middleton called Captured:
 
 
I love how Karen draws faces. The images are so striking and after colouring this image with my promarkers I felt it didn't really need much in the way of embellishment to make a beautiful card.
 
 
I used a DL card blank and matted patterned paper (steampunk-themed paper by Kanban) onto  textured silver mirri card. I also cut a decorative frame from the textured mirri card - I love how this card picks up the light and shines but with a lovely matt effect rather than bold gloss.
 
 
I edged the image with a silver metallic pen before layering it over the decorative frame and for a simple touch of detail added silver brads in the corners of the cards (I never seem to use brads much these days... time was, I put them on everything! Bring back brads, I say! :D).
 
 
And that was my fairly quick and simple card using this gorgeous image. You can buy this stamp in either red rubber or digi format from the Sweet Pea Stamps store.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...