Sunday 14 April 2013

Happy birthday GAM

GAM - otherwise known as Great Aunt Marion - turned an impressive 83 years old this weekend.
 
So, I dug out my Stampin' Up! goodies (some old, some new) and made her a pretty card. :)
 
 
I used Wisteria Wonder and Pool Party (from the 2011-2013 In Color collection - I shall be sad to see these go in September!) for my colour scheme, double-matting my cardstock panels for extra colour and definition:
 
 
I also added some texture and dimension with some both dry and heat embossing... I used my Simply Scored board with the Borders Scoring Plate to dry emboss some detail onto my Whisper White cardstock panel and I stamped a panel of Wisteria Wonder cardstock with  the Bella Toile background stamp (now sadly discontinued) using Wisteria Wonder ink and heat embossed it with clear embossing powder. I stamped flourishes from the Style Beautiful and SAB Bliss stamp sets and fussy cut around them, layering them up with a greeting stamped from the Itty Bitty Banners stamp set (and cut out with the coordinating die).
 
 
I added some ruffled Pool Party seam binding ribbon and some butterflies stamped with the SAB Bliss set and punched out with the Elegant Butterfly punch and finished things off with some Rhinestone Jewels.
 
 
A vintagey but still quite clean and fresh result. Hope GAM likes it! :)
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

Nix - Simoom Serengetis said...

Hi Ali,

don't worry about pool party and wisteria wonder! They are making their way into the main colour collections in a new colour shake up! They will be back soon!

Nix

Nix - Simoom Serengetis said...

Love the blog and all your projects!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...