Tuesday 27 August 2013

Sweet Pea Stamps Featured Artist Week

This week at Sweet Pea Stamps the Design Team are all featuring the artwork of Norma J Burnell in our creations. I chose to use one of her newly-released stamps for my creation - this stamp is called Rayne:
 
 
I love the underwater theme of this image and I wanted to colour the skin in cool tones to really convey the idea of her being underwater... so I coloured the image with my Promarkers, using pale blue tones to colour just the shaded areas of skin. I used Prismacolor pencils for a softer effect when colouring the background.
 
 
I teamed the image with some gorgeous sea-themed paper in toning colours and added lots of detail with scraps of cheesecloth and pretty flowers...
 
 
...and a little charm and a swirl or two of bling. :)
 
 
This, and Norma's other fabulous stamps, are available in red rubber format from the Sweet Pea Stamps store and during this Featured Artist Week they are all on special offer at 15% off.

1 comment:

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

Ali, this is beautiful. I love the colours you have used and the embellishments. It reminds me of the sea where I was yesterday. Best wishes, Kym xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...