Wednesday 27 February 2013

Cute Steampunk

Marlon Teunissen is one of the newest additions to the fabulous artists creating stamps for Sweet Pea Stamps and I love her delicate, steampunk/manga-inspired images.
 
When I saw one of her new releases - called Pink Girl - I just had to have a play with it:
 
 
I love the steampunk style of this image but also the slightly manga/Sweet Lolita influence too. I decided to colour her in soft shades of blue and pink, kind of in a Sweet Lolita style:
 
 
The obvious papers to team with this image are the new steampunk-themed Chronology papers from Papermania, which I picked up recently. I inked the edges of the papers with a soft grey ink and added some ribbon and lace for a touch of softness. In keeping with the steampunk-theme, I die-cut a sentiment from textured silver card, which I then ran through the BigShot in a Chronology embossing folder. I also cut some mini cogs from the same card.
 
 
I love how this silver card shines as it catches the light. I cut out the coloured image and attached it in the bottom corner using foam pads and finished off the card by tucking a couple of pearlised butterfly hat pins behind her.


And that was my "cute" steampunk card. :)

You can buy this image from the Sweet Pea Stamps store in either red rubber or digi format.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...