Sunday 24 February 2013

Floral Fairy

A happy confluence of events came about for my DT card for One Stitch At a Time this week - I needed to make a birthday card for a good friend, I was given a cute but sassy fairy image to use for my card (perfect for my friend), and I got these goooorgeous floral papers free with a craft magazine:
 
 
 
 
I also got bored of making mostly square cards and decided to do something a bit different. :) This is what the card looks like closed:
 
 
I card my shaped base card and covered it with the floral papers and coloured the digi stamp with my Promarkers. I wanted her to extend out over the edge of the front of the card:
 
 
I also added some glitter to her wings with a touch of Stickles:
 
 
To decorate the rest of the card, I added a sentiment (also free with the craft magazine! :D), positioning it so it would be hidden when the card was closed, and finished off with some flowers and a few dots of Perlen Pen.
 
The theme at OSAAT this week is Use a Digi so it couldn't be easier to enter - you don't have to use a Stitchy Bear image to do so but if you do you will be entered into the draw for the main prize. If you enter with a non-Stitchy Bear image, you'll be entered into the draw to win a $3 gift voucher to the Stitchy Bear store. :)

3 comments:

Hazel said...

I bet your friend loves it. It's great. I made one card like this ages ago and you've just reminded me of it. Hazel x

Josephine said...

Gorgeous, Ali! I love that design - just that little bit different - and such pretty papers!

CraftyGirl said...

Ali, your cards are always great love the way she hangs over.

TTFN,

CraftyGirl Your Sister OSAAT DT
craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...