Sunday 30 January 2011

Back on the scrapping wagon...

My crafting time is necessarily somewhat limited at the moment... not only have I got a 5 week old baby making demands on my time but also I have my mum coming over for a few days each week (ostensibly to help me out with the kids), both of which means I don't have my entire evenings to myself anymore in which to craft.

My mojo is alive and well and I have a gazillion ideas for things I want to work on - it's finding the time that's the issue! I've found myself leaning more towards cards and ATCs lately as they can be put together fairly quickly - scrapbooking pages take a little longer.

All that said, I have managed to make another LO - only my second one this month! I wanted to join in with the weekly challenge on UKS this week and I managed to find a bit of time last night and again this afternoon to get in my craft room and put this together:


The challenge this week was to include:
  • Baby or an animal or something new as the theme;
  • The colour red or earth tones;
  • A star or planet;
  • The word Who in the title or journalling.
I got all of the above in so full points for me! :)

The LO is about DD2 being born on her due date. The papers/journalling spots are xmas-themed Kaisercraft ones that came free with Simply Cards & Papercraft magazine. The chipboard alphas are My Mind's Eye - Dear Santa and the chipboard embellies are Pebbles Chips. I used a white gel pen to scribble frames around the cardstock/papers and a teeny bit of journalling in the bottom corner.

And now I have to go because the subject of the above LO is having a squirm and a grump and probably wanting a bottle! :lol:

3 comments:

Sarah Louise said...

Beautiful LO Ali, well done

fatmonica said...

Lovely layout and a beautiful photo.

Elizabeth said...

Hi Ali, Well, your crafting days are not entirely over as stated in your previous post :) You're doing well to get anything crafty done at all with a tiny baby to take care of, who btw looks adorable in your lovely layout, not to mention the rest of the family. Elizabeth x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...