Sunday 16 January 2011

Finally done some crafting!!

After giving my craft room a darn good tidy the other night, I finally managed to get in there and get some actual crafting done! Woohoo!

First off, I finished up an ATC that I had been playing with:


I bought a fab set of Kanban clear stamps from Create and Craft a few months ago and as soon as I received them this one leapt out at me as being a perfect size for an ATC. I decided to have a play with my new ProMarkers so I stamped the image with black Adirondack ink and then coloured it in with the ProMarkers. Am quite pleased with the results... especially given that a) I've never been all that good at drawing in colour and b) it was only my second time using the ProMarkers.

As well as the ATC, I decided to have a go at a layout for the January house challenge over on UKScrappers. The challenge involved using a sketch and also to have at least 50% journalling:


This is actually the first scrapbook page I have made since the UKS cyber crop in early December! The only crafting I've really done since then has been cards - Christmas cards, birthday cards, thank you cards etc etc! Feels good to have gotten back into scrapping.

The layout tells the story of how I went into labour on Christmas Eve and was in hospital over Christmas.. so we postponed Christmas Day until I was home from hospital with DD2 and had our own Christmas day, with full Christmas dinner and presents etc, 4 days late! The papers are by Stampin' Up! - the background paper was just perfect for a layout with lots of journalling.

I've not really been able to get in the craft room much since making these but I've got some more new toys to play with (some yummy stamps) and I'm feeling inspired... and DH is working away from home again Wednesday and Thursday so I'll be home alone those evenings and free to craft to my heart's content (munchkin allowing!). :)

2 comments:

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Thanks so mcuh Ali for popping by my place, I love those Poppies, mm! I am quite green, I have yet to get my desired poppy stamp as want one but cant part with the ready for one suitable yet, been playing with my brayer today.. ooh fun! but best get along and onto next job.
See you another time I hope,
Shaz in Oz.xx

Elizabeth said...

Hello Ali, these two projects are lovely. You've done a great job in colouring in the poppies - I was lucky enough to be given a gift of some stamped poppy images including this one which just love. The layout is terrific. I can't imagine how you managed to journal 50% - I'd struggle with that! Thanks for sharing the lovely story attached to the photographs :) Elizabeth x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...