Wednesday 19 January 2011

New stash... and new frustrations!!

The postie was good to me today.

He delivered not only the Joanna Sheen CD that I had ordered (her stuff is not usually my style but I saw this CD mentioned in a craft mag and I just love the fantasy artwork on it!):


but also a vital component for printing images from the above CD - new printer ink cartridges:


And therein lies my frustration.

My printer has been printing colours wonky for a while now - all my photos etc are coming out with a bluish-pinkish tinge. DH suggested that it may be down to a dodgy ink cartridge (I get my cartridges refilled and DH said maybe I'd gotten a bad colour batch of refill ink) and that putting new original cartridges in might help. So I ordered some.

However, before trying out the new cartridges, I decided to run a test print... and the results were not good! It seems the yellow print head is badly blocked as there's hardly any yellow coming through on the test print - which explains the bluish-pinkish tinge.

The problem now is... I can't seem to get the darn print head unblocked!! I've run the head cleaning cycle about 8 times now (which of course is using up ink!) and it's made absolutely no difference whatsoever! I've even tried putting in the new ink cartridges and running the cleaning cycle again but still no joy.

So how do you clean/unblock a print head when the cleaning cycle won't do it? I guess I'm going to have to contact Brother's customer services and ask them how to resolve this... hope it won't mean sending my printer off for repair. :/

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Oh dear, sounds like you have a real problem there as the cleaning cycle is not fixing it for you. I don't have the same printer as yours so have nothing useful to add unfortunately. Let's hope Brother can help. The images on that CD look gorgeous. Regards, Elizabeth #78

katemade designs said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog. Yes those are SU ink pads. I used to be a demonstrator but had to give it up when my son started school and became involved with after school activities. Hope you can get this printer problem sorted so that you be creating instead of tech-ing soon.

Anonymous said...

First, thanks for stopping by and commenting on my blog. Art journaling is awesome, and the best thing is when you find your own style. I'm sure you know there are tons of You-tube videos about it. For me, it is a natural outgrowth of putting stickers and pictures from magazines into my journal. Just dive in - you'll find your way!

Second, about your printer. I had a Canon that went wonky. I had it awhile. Tried to clean the printhead, but it simply needed to be replaced - cost about 1/2 what a new one would. After 2 years or so, it got plugged again. I was told it was because I wasn't running genuine Canon ink. I had to chuck it. Got an HP for $29. The ink to refill it will cost as much as a new printer, LOL!

I would suggest googling your problem. See if there's someone in a forum who can point you in the right direction.
Good luck!!

Scrapcollectr said...

I hope you solve your printer problem soon. We crafters need our printers!
Thanks for stopping by my blog! *smile*

Jinny Holt said...

Hello Ali

Thanks for stopping by my blog :~)
Ermm am afraid I am also no help with the printing problem,I gave up on printers years ago and to be honest if I need any stuff printed off,I use my local library (my kids used to use the printer like it was going out of fashion and they kept breaking)...........So now the kids use the school ones and I use the library.
You have some beautiful pieces of artwork on your blog, I will certainly be popping over again.
Thanks for sharing
Jinny ;#)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...