Wednesday 19 January 2011

WOYWW - 19 January 2010

What's this? Wednesday again already?! Where does the time go?!

Every week I swear to myself that I am going to visit all the WOYWW desks... and every week I fail miserably! So my apologies to those folks who I didn't get around to this time - I shall try harder this week! :lol:

So what's on my workdesk this week?


Actually quite a productive desk this week - and still fairly tidy following my massive blitz a few days ago... although the clutter is starting to build up again as I pull out stash for projects I'm working on. I have actually managed to get a bit of crafting done in recent days - a couple of ATCs and a scrapbook LO, as seen in a previous blog post, and what you see on the desk today:


A birthday card for my mum - bit of a last-minute make as it's her birthday tomorrow so I need to post this today! I bought this fab stamp a couple of months ago and immediately thought it would be perfect for a card for my mum! :lol:


The finally-finished faux dichroic glass pieces that I have been working on, off and on, for weeks! I finally got around to doing the final step in the technique by adding the UTEE. I'm quite pleased with the results.

You can also see in the main picture another in-progress set of ATCs... the background is sitting on the mini-easel and the stamped clock faces will also form part of the design. The background isn't finished yet, I need to do some inking to bring out the cracks of the crackle glaze.

Thanks for stopping by my blog - please do leave a comment. And if you're new to WOYWW and are wondering what it's all about, head on over to Julia's Stamping Ground blog for the full list of workdesks to take a peek at.

19 comments:

Karen said...

Gorgeous card and I love those faux dichroic glass pieces, they are beautiful :)
Have a great WOYWW,
Karen #65

Zue said...

You are mega-busy! The stamp on your mum's card is lovely and she will love it. The jewellery is coming along nicely and ATCs are fun to make. I only make them because I like the size...just keep mine, just for fun!!!
Have a great day
Sue xx 67

Anonymous said...

Beautiful work again Ali =) What are you going to do with the glass pieces?

Sarah said...

That card is stunning

Anonymous said...

Busy desk and your faux glass is really stunning.

Hugs
Brenda 100

katemade designs said...

beautiful faux dichroic glass pieces. looking forward to seeing them on a project.

MaggieC (Silvercrafter) said...

Those glass pieces are something I have never seen before, and they are fascinating. Look forward to seeing what you do with them.

Marjo said...

Gorgeous flowers, lovely card. Thanks for the peek and sharing. Happy WOYWW, hugs Marjo #10

Alix said...

oh i love your glass~like embellies...i've got some of those on the go too...baubles!!! lol

Minxy said...

Awesome faux dichroic glass pieces, thanks for the peek.
Thanks for visiting me
Happy WOYWW {on thur!}
Minxy #1

Wiccababe said...

lovely card, and those flowers are gorgeous
Debbi #39

okienurse said...

Very nice layout. Don't you just love the UTEE.

Tertia said...

Love the card and those flowers are just awesome! TFS
Tertia 110

Nicky said...

Still tidy and great card you have made for your mum and your faux glass flowers are brilliant ~ Nicky 24

SueH said...

Ali, I’m sure your mum must have been pleased with her birthday card, it’s just lovely….and your right, the stamp is beautiful.

Loving the faux glass embellishments too!

Sue
x

Pauline said...

Thanks for stopping by mt desk, you have a lovely busy desk, and youre mums card is lovely, I love the purple tones on it.

Maggie's Crafts said...

Great space and love your pics!

I'm running late this week...
Thank you for sharing!

Maggie @ http://maggiescraft.blogspot.com/
xx

Lynne said...

Wow! those flowers are fabulous, love them and such a gorgeous colour. Sorry I am late stopping by this week Lynne xx

ScrappyDandyDoo said...

Ooo they look fabby :D
Glad you like the technique - I can't stop using it LOL

Julie xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...