Sunday 19 May 2013

Challenge time

Sunday means a new challenge at One Stitch At A Time and this week it's one of our most popular themes - Use a Digi. So easy to enter and play along - just use a digi element (stamp, paper, whatever) in your creation. :)
 
This week I am using this sweet yet sassy I'm Know Im Cute image by Reece's Scrap Pieces:
 
 
I coloured her with my Promarkers and cut her out and then I was (again! :D) inspired by this week's doodling challenge at Passion for Promarkers.
 
 
So I decided to doodle a background scene for her. I went with a city street scene:
 

I drew it with a fineliner pen straight onto a plain white card blank. To add a bit of interest to the background, and link it with the image, I included a few little butterflies and coloured them pink to match her clothing:
 
 
When I was happy with the background, I attached my cut-out image using foam pads to make her pop from the background a bit. :)
 
 
You don't have to use a Stitchy Bear product to enter the challenge but if you do you'll be in with a chance of winning our main prize for the week. Entries not using a Stitchy Bear product will be entered into the draw to win a $3 gift voucher for the Stitchy Bear Digi Outlet. :)
 
I'm also entering this card into the following challenges:
 

27 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

This is so pretty. Love how the girl stands out from the uncoloured background.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Hazel said...

Your street scene looks great, good idea. Hazel x

Crafting Vicky said...

ohhhh wow I wish I could doodle up a scene like this!!! So talented. This is really awesome!!!

CraftyGirl said...

Love your street background and your image is just lovely.

TTFN,

CraftyGirl
Your Sister OSAAT DT
craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Love your street scene! Thank you so much for entering Simply Create Too’s challenge! I hope you will play again in the upcoming challenges!
Cornelia – Simply Create Too Design Team Member
http://simplycreatetoo.blogspot.com/

Mimi said...

Fab card Ali and the background is awesome - lovin it Hugs Jane xx

Pat said...

Very creative background. Thanks for joining Speedy Fox and Friends.

Dewi Lestari said...

Gorgeous card! Thanks for joining at Simply Create Too: Anything Goes
Hugs
Dewi

Jenn Bedient said...

What a fun card! Great doodling, and love the image and your coloring. Thanks so much for joining us at Wags n Whiskers. Hope you have a wonderful day!

- Jenn DT

Olga said...

Hi=) Your scene card is so beautiful! Thank you for entering with it to LBBS scene challenge! Good luck!

Shelly said...

Wow Ali, what a super card! You've really embraced our doodling challenge, I love your city scape!!! Simply fabulous with the butterflies! Thanks for joining us at Passion for Promarkers this week xx

Loopylou. said...

he he he he!! what an awesome idea! I love that doodled background!
thank you so much for sharing it with us over on the PFP challenge blog
hugs Lou xx

Vicky said...

A gorgeous card!! Thanks for joining us at passion for Promarkers this week

hugs Vicky x

The-Butterfly said...

I love this card so much! it's fab!

Sarahshandmadecardsx said...

A gorgeous card. I love the image and the amazing scene you have created.

Thanks for joining us this week at the One Stop Crafts Challenge and good luck.

Sarahxx

Luv2papercraft said...

Beautiful scene card! Thank you for playing along with us at LBBS!!! Leigh:)

Dawn said...

Wow! Your doodles are amazing! A fantastic card and gorgeous colouring. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Creatalicious.

Hugs, Dawn

stampingbowd said...

Wow! Amazing that you drew the background!!!! Fun card! Thanks for playing along with Speedy Fox & Friends challenge this week!

TRACEY MO said...

Very cool card love her!

Thanks for joining us at LBBB
Tracey dt

Lisa T said...

Awesome job! I love the background you drew - so cool. She's a fun image and you've colored her in so well.

Winnie and Patty said...

Very cute card!!! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Speedy Fox & Friends blog challenge!

Jenny Marples said...

What a lovely card. Thanks for joining us at Our Creative Corner this time, hugs Jenny x

Sandra said...

Great card, tho your doodles and mine are light years apart, wish I could do this!
Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin' xxx

Cindy said...

VERY nice card! I thought the background was a stamp until I read further! Thanks for joining us at My Heart Pieces.

Dawn T said...

super sweet. Thanks for joining us at Little Blue Button stamps

Julia S-W said...

I love that you've kept your image coloured and the background in monochrome. Beautiful colour work on that naughty looking girl!
Thank you for joining us at Our Creative Corner this time. Juliax

Laurart said...

So cute! Thanks for sharing this with us at Our Creative Corner - Love from Laura xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...