Sunday 19 May 2013

Getting Krafty

I've been seeing quite a lot of white embossing on coloured card in the online crafty-verse lately and it's a technique I was keen to try. I made this card (itself based off a card I found on Pinterest) and loved the effect and had the idea that white embossing might look lovely on a kraft-coloured card, with perhaps some delicate colouring of the image.
 
So that's exactly what I did:
 
 
I thought this striking Repose image by Brigid Ashwood would be perfect for this technique and I love how she looks embossed and coloured this way.
 
 
I stamped her using Versamark ink and heat embossed with white embossing powder and then added some delicate colouring using Prismacolor pencils. I kept things fairly simple with my card (I seem to be on a bit of a simple, unfussy kick at the moment), deciding the image would look best layered against cardstock of the same colour - I dry embossed this piece of card with an embossing folder and then layered that onto a card blank made from blue card.
 
 
I finished things off with some small flowers punched from blue card, decorating the centres with Enamel Accents and tiny metal cogs. I think the overall effect, with the contrast of the kraft and blue and the bright white of the embossing, is quite striking. :)
 
 
You can buy this stamp in red rubber format from the Sweet Pea Stamps store.
 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...