Wednesday 15 May 2013

Shabby Chic Little Curls

It's Variations Week again at Sweet Pea Stamps and all the Design Team are creating projects with the same image - this time around is this adorable Little Curls stamp by Elisabeth Bell.
 
 
I loved colouring this image. It's so sweet and it's looks just lovely when coloured in. I used my Prismacolor pencils to colour it - I'm enjoying these pencils more and more and feel like I'm starting to get the hang of them. They give such a soft, pretty effect when colouring an image like this.
 
 
I went for a kind of shabby chic vibe with this card. I started with a kraft card blank and ended up keeping things quite simple as I felt it worked really well with the image. I splatted some white Distress Stains onto the card front and let it dribble across the card before drying it. I then added a pretty white doily and layered a delicate die-cut frame over it.
 
 
I fussy-cut out the image and attached it with foam tape over the die-cut frame and finished things off with some pretty flowers.
 
 
This was a really quite quick and simple card but I think it's quite effective. You can buy this image in red rubber format from the Sweet Pea Stamps store.
 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...