Wednesday 8 May 2013

WOYWW 205

Am back in the land of WOYWW after my week's absence... but sadly don't really have anything to show on my desk this week:
 
 
I haven't had chance to do any crafting since we got back from our little holiday so the desk is still in the state of chaos in which I left it before we headed off down to sunny (and boy, it sure was!) Dorset.
 
I do however have some crafty photos to share because I actually managed to do some crafting while we were on hols. :)
 
My lovely sister-in-law has been my crafty accomplice and enabler for ooooh, nearly 9 years now! She's responsible for getting me into scrapbooking, for getting me hooked on Stampin' Up!, and for generally encouraging, aiding and abetting my crafty addictions and stash shopping! ;) But in all this time, we had never yet actually gotten to craft together.
 
Well, last week, we finally did. I left hubby with the kids for a few hours and spent a fabulous afternoon at my SIL's house playing with our Gelli plates and making lots and lots and lots of gorgeous, messy, painty backgrounds. Just look at the results!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Not only that, but after dashing back to the rented holiday house to cook dinner for the gang, I abandoned hubby and kids for another couple of hours and went with SIL to her weekly cardcrafting group. It was lovely to meet her crafty friends and spend some time crafting with a group of lovely, creative ladies. And we made this gorgeous card....
 
 
...using a faux-patina technique which I'd not tried before.
 
 
All in all, I had a lovely crafty afternoon/evening, spent some great time with my SIL and came away with some gorgeous creations. What more could a girl ask for? :)
 
Thanks for stopping by. Normal crafting service will no doubt be resumed for next week's WOYWW.
 

14 comments:

Helen said...

How lovely that you finally got to craft together, you achieved loads - hope you can do it again. Happy WOYWW, Helen, 5

House of Bears said...

Fabulous Gelli prints, I see you got a little carried away the same as we did when we played with ours!

Fab card by the way. Waving hi from the bears @#79 this week.

glitterandglue said...

What a great week away - family, fun, sun, sand, sea - AND crafting with a best friend!! Fabulous. Well done.
Have a great week now you are home.
Margaret #80

Candace said...

sounds like you had a great week away...and Sun!!!! how lucky

Great work space, thanks for sharing.

Have a great week and happy crafting

Candace #62

Monica said...

What a getaway and how lucky to have a SIL with like interests.
Monica 109

Anonymous said...

Oh I love them all but I can see why you led off with the clock face one. It's a winner!


Happy WOYWW!
MA (20)

Carole said...

Boy everyone is talking about gelli plates...looks like wonderful fun. Sounds like a great get away.. girl. Snoop on
http://carolescreativecritters.blogspot.com/

ria gall said...

Hi Ali
oh my days you girls went mad with those gelli plates just look at all those amazing background pages and then you go off and make cards as well, all while on holiday good for you

Thanks for sharing your desk today, Happy WOYWW hope you have a great week
Ria #42

MiniOwner said...

Ooh Ali some fab gelli plate papers there - especially the clock face. A super card, too. Happy Wednesday :o)
Sue x (MiniOwner@101)

Julia Dunnit said...

Well you GFelli girls are all over the colurs and designs, how fab they look. Most of all though, how much fun you had, so nice to have something in common as family!

Helen said...

It was such good fun to have you staying locally, Ali! Please come back soon (or move in round the corner!)- thank you for coming out to play!
The card we made at class was my take on one I found on Pinterest - from pjsdesigns.blogspot.com. The faux patina technique is explained so well!

ANNETTE HUSBAND said...

G'day Ali
I usually don't get around for WOYWW till Friday as when Julia posts the link I am at work in the evening here in Oz. My day off isn't till Friday then but I'm home sick all this week so here I am just one day late(I couldn't type yesterday due to sore hands and why I am home!!). Love your geli plate bgs and the card is gorgeous too. It's good you got some art time in :o)
hugs
Annette In Oz #39

Anonymous said...

Great prints! Makes me want to go to my studio immediately! They are wonderful!
Gabriele #112

Anonymous said...

Happy Very Belated WOYWW. What a fabulous day you had with your SIL, and it must have been amazing to go along to her craft group and craft with her friends. I wish I had someone to craft with, as it does make it more fun to have a good chat. Without the internet I would definitely go mad, as we live in an isolated rural area and I do not have friends/family close by. Those Gelli plate creations are amazing - and I love the card. Ali x #25

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...