Saturday 18 May 2013

In the Moodle for a Doodle

I was really quite taken with this week's "doodlelicious" challenge theme at Passion for Promarkers. I do like to doodle and draw, and doodling on a card can look fabulous.
 
I decided to combine the doodling challenge with the new "Anything Goes" challenge at A Day for Daisies and used this stunning ADFD digi stamp:
 
 
I coloured the image with my Promarkers and fussy cut around it:
 

I then cut a piece of white card slightly smaller than my card blank and used fineliner pens to outline sections and then filled them in with flowery doodles:
 
 
I attached my doodled background to the card blank using foam tape, for a bit of added dimension...
 
 
...and then attached my cut-out image using foam pads to make it stand out that bit more from the background:
 
 
I'm really pleased with this. I think the doodled black and white background works really well with the colourful splash of the striking image. Am definitely going to be doing more doodled cards. :)
 

4 comments:

Ella's Design said...

Fantastic doodling, Ali! Love the monochrome style with just the splash of blue on that fab ADFD image! This is just perfect for our theme this week at Passion for Promarkers - thanks for joining us and good luck! Lisa x

Granmargaret said...

This is a lovely card. Great doodling.

House of Bears said...

Oh that's really clever, it's such an effective technique, and your doodling is really neat. We love it.

Shelly said...

Fabulous card... I just love the doodling it's so pretty! Really great work, just perfect for our doodling challenge, thanks for joining us at Passion for Promarkers xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...